PDA

View Full Version : AngelPack LX vs Beco?

slworld
03-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I am not really a babywearer (not until now atleast). I have one of those cheapo carriers from BRU that I have used a couple of times but of course it is not comfortable for long periods. We will be making an international trip (~18hrs) in a couple of weeks and I want to purchase a decent SSC since DS (9months old, 19lbs, 27") doesn't have a seat. I was hoping he may be more comfortable in a carrier than on the lap especially for naps etc. I am 5feet about 105lbs and sounds like the Beco or AngelPack maybe good choices. I have read that the Beco may be a little warmer for summer due to the additional panel inside and the AngelPack is much lighter fabric wise. It gets pertty hot where we are going so I was wondering if that would matter a lot. But is that additional inside panel is the Beco very useful (does it make it easier to put the carrier on alone)? Also DS is on the taller side, is one of them better suited for taller babies. I want to mostly use it for naps, does one have better head support? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much

SnuggleBuggles
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
I chose the Beco over the AngelPack simply because of that insert. It really helped my confidence, especially with the back carrier. if carriers don't intimidate you I think both are great. Have you considered the Ergo? I know that the Ergo is better than the Beco for longer torsoed moms but I don't know how the Ergo compares to the AngelPack.

Beth

firsttimemama
03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I think ergo & angelpak may be pretty similar (?) my friend bought an angelpak because it was cheaper

Is there any way you can try some on?

alirebco
03-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I am not really a babywearer (not until now atleast). I have one of those cheapo carriers from BRU that I have used a couple of times but of course it is not comfortable for long periods. We will be making an international trip (~18hrs) in a couple of weeks and I want to purchase a decent SSC since DS (9months old, 19lbs, 27") doesn't have a seat. I was hoping he may be more comfortable in a carrier than on the lap especially for naps etc. I am 5feet about 105lbs and sounds like the Beco or AngelPack maybe good choices. I have read that the Beco may be a little warmer for summer due to the additional panel inside and the AngelPack is much lighter fabric wise. It gets pertty hot where we are going so I was wondering if that would matter a lot. But is that additional inside panel is the Beco very useful (does it make it easier to put the carrier on alone)? Also DS is on the taller side, is one of them better suited for taller babies. I want to mostly use it for naps, does one have better head support? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much

I would go with the AngelPack in your case. The Beco is thicker and the internal part is really used for small babies. They're both pretty long. The Ergo is much shorter and also a lot bulkier but great for older toddlers and for back carries. Have you checked out the babywearer.com? Their forums are great too!