PDA

View Full Version : Not loving my Phil and Ted anymore...now I want a side by side...help!

mykidsmom
03-10-2009, 11:33 PM
I love my Phil and Ted that I got in 2006 when my youngest was born, but now that my girls are 2 and 4 they find the back seat too small and I think they would have a lot of fun sitting side by side when we go to the mall or somewhere like disneyland.

I do not need to use it for jogging so no need for a BOB or anything like that. I realize that in another year or so my 4 year old will be too big for a stroller but for now she likes to ride rather then walk at the mall wich I don't mind b/c it gets us through the stores faster.

My 2 yr old is 32 lbs and my 4 yr old is 38lbs and both are on the taller side.

I should add that I don't care too much if it has full recline or baskets (I am used to having a crummy basket) but would like a decent sun shade and one the pushes and turns easily.

Please reply with recommendations for a good, not too expensive double.(like under $200 or at least what I can sell my P&T for) THANKS!

strollerqueen
03-11-2009, 12:05 AM
When my older two were that age, I used a MBUD or BJCSD. If you want something lighter weight, then check out the BJ Mini double.

mykidsmom
03-11-2009, 12:07 AM
thanks! Can you please spell out all the initials :)

salsah
03-11-2009, 12:16 AM
mountain buggy urban double
baby jogger city series double
baby jogger city mini double

mykidsmom
03-11-2009, 01:31 AM
Thanks...

I am looking for a double under $200ish and really just a mall crawler. Any suggestions for this type of stroller?

nfowife
03-11-2009, 06:25 AM
I think the city mini double (baby jogger) would be perfect for your needs. And you will get a lot more than you think for your phil and teds....they go for almost $600 new! Look on ebay for listings to get a selling price idea.

neeleymartin
03-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I think the city mini double (baby jogger) would be perfect for your needs. And you will get a lot more than you think for your phil and teds....they go for almost $600 new! Look on ebay for listings to get a selling price idea.

we were in a pinch to sell our pt sport with doubles kit. listed on craigslist for $400 and sold in three days. people love these things. i would put it on there and see if you get some nibbles. would may have been able to get a touch more, considering we bought it in september, but we needed to get our new one stat.

we bought a bob. hubby plans to take up jogging. but we had the single before this marathon vision hit him. fwiw, if you get a bob revo duallie, you could resell for almost full price later. i sold mine 6 months after buying for the exact price i bought it for. check rei. just paid 455 for my duallie, killer deal. people are always posting "wanted: bob duallie" on craiglists in the northeast.

if you get a cheapy, you will never get anything back. you will likely be out the full amount, whereas if you go with a bob or mb or bj you can resell and only be out as much as a cheapo double to start. good luck.

salsah
03-11-2009, 01:07 PM
i love my bjcm.

WatchingThemGrow
03-11-2009, 04:37 PM
As much as I love my BJCMD that I just got, I'll have to say that you REALLY should try out your kids in the seats before getting one. I'm not expecting my 33ish lb 37" DD to last that much longer in it. Really, if the kids are complaining the seats are small in the P&T, the Mini Double isn't likely to be your answer. Our Baby Jogger City Elite Double has MUCH larger seats width and height wise.

In the same fashion try your kids out in the Rev. at REI as some have complained their 2 and 3 yo's have outgrown that seat as well.

I think it is going to be hard to find something a tall 4 yo will fit under canopy-wise for $200.

mykidsmom
03-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. I looked up the BJmini on Amazon and they have it for just $399 w/free shipping. I read a review that said each seat can only hold up to 33lbs. My 4 yr old is 38lbs and my 2 yr old is 32lbs. If this info is true, which is the next best stroller?

I have a friend with the Aria twin for sale for $100. For just going to the mall should I just go for the Aria?

nfowife
03-12-2009, 04:25 PM
I am pretty sure the mini can hold a total of 100 lbs., so you should be fine. The aria is no good with kids as heavy as yours. It will be awful, and the sunshades suck.

WatchingThemGrow
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM
As far as the BJCMD, I'm thinking height-wise it may be an issue. BJ told me last week my 35ish lb DD wouldn't be a problem, and that those weight limits are for European standards.

Have you looked at the Mac Twin Triumph? It may cheaper and fit your needs.

mykidsmom
03-12-2009, 04:52 PM
I read reviews on the Mac Twin Triumph on Amazon and it got overall better ratings then the Peg Aria Twin. Can someone please share feedback if they own it... and where might I find the best deal on one?

Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
03-12-2009, 06:11 PM
The best deal I can find is at Albee Baby.com for $199. I haven't seen one that low from an authorized seller in a long time.

mykidsmom
03-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks. Does anyone know the differences betwen the 2008 and 2009 model of the Mac Twin Triumph?

AnnieW625
03-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Don't know the differences, but a friend has a Twin Triumph and really likes it. I have a single MAC and really like it. If I ever decide once I have two that I just can't live without a double for the mall then I'll most likely get a Twin Triumph.

WatchingThemGrow
03-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Not sure, but I think that question has been asked before and there wasn't any difference. I could be wrong.

Seriously, I'd jump on it quickly b/c I was shocked to see that price. They were $244 everywhere like 3 weeks ago, and the 2009s are $265.

mykidsmom
03-12-2009, 11:26 PM
that price if for Turkish Blue which I did not like but they have the 2008 coffee brown for $219 and the red color for $199 (just noticed that one) which seems like a good price. I have to see how much they charge for shipping. I just am nervous to buy it before trying it out. Can't find a place nearby on Orange County, CA to test drive one. BRU does not have it in the the store. I wonder if Right Start carries it. I will have to call them in the morning.