PDA

View Full Version : Double stroller advice please!

dub
03-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I need a stroller with the following characteristics. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! DD will be one when #2 is born in August.

-Double
-side by side seats
-Easy to use (fast walking and very light occasional jogging) on a hike (dirt trail OR decomposed granite trail OR pavement) OR in a retail shop/mall
-Car seat adapter
-Adjustable handle bar (I'm 5'4"; DH is 6')
-Swivel-wheel (I think? open to other suggestions)
-Can fit through normal-sized doors
-Generous sun shade (or the ability to add one), ideally individual shades
-Fit in small car (Corolla) trunk if at all possible

MamaKath
03-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Baby Jogger City Series would work. The tires release to help you fit it in the trunk, though it will still be snug.

WatchingThemGrow
03-11-2009, 09:22 PM
It would, except for the jogging part, but only the Elite (maybe classic) model. The Mini will not work for outdoor excursions.

Having BTDT, if your kids are that close, you're probably going to want a lightweight stroller and an offroad -capable stroller with air tires. We used the BJ City Elite Double for the past 16 mos. with our kids 18 mos. apart, and it has been great!!! but... I'm not sure it will fit easily/well into a Corolla trunk. Removing the wheels isn't hard at all, but I wouldn't want to do it while also dealing with two babies, two toddlers or any combination of the above. Getting all their diapers and sippies and snacks and stuff loaded is enough of a pain.

But...the bigger City strollers have all the things you are looking for.

maestramommy
03-11-2009, 09:30 PM
You might also check out the BOB Revolution double. Is it called the Duaille? I see them a lot at parks and zoos and such.

AnnieW625
03-12-2009, 11:19 PM
I was going to suggest the Bob Revolution dualie. Friends have one to use with their twins and love it, but I can also see it working quite well for two children who are close in age.

PeppyParents
03-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi,

I agree that the Baby Jogger City Elite double would be great for everything except the jogging. The fold is 33x29x15 inches.

The BOB Revolution Duallie would be excellent for jogging, powerwalking, and all over pushing use. Due to the larger rear wheels, the fold is even bulkier than the City Elite (though the BOB is a tad lighter, for ease of lifting). But those bigger rear wheels and the single front wheel makes for effortless pushing and steering! The BOB's handlebar isn't adjustable, but the pushing position will be comfortable for both you and your husband (my husband is 6'2", and a BOB Revolution is our main stroller).

Another consideration might be the Bumbleride Indie Twin. Again - it's not suitable for jogging - but it would do well for everything else. The fold is 32x29x15, just a hair smaller than the City Elite.

The Indie Twin includes an infant seat adapter, while it's an $89 accessory on the Baby Jogger and BOB.

Another consideration is that the BOB is one-inch wider than the other two strollers. The BOB will fit through any new standard door (which are 32", for Americans with Disabilities Act), but perhaps not older doors.

I gave you the folded dimensions so you can put hubby to work with a tape measure in the car's trunk!

I hope that information helps.

WatchingThemGrow
03-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I just remember the new BJ stroller that might fit your requirements better - joggingwise.... the Summit 360. Not sure if you can get your hands on one to try it out first, but it may be worth a good look! Here are the measurements from their website. http://babyjogger.com/Comparison_chart.pdf

PeppyParents
03-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi,

The new Summit 360 is definitely a really nice stroller, though Baby Jogger opted to keep focus on outdoor use. The Summit 360 double stroller's width is 33 inches, which is awesome for greater stability walking on uneven terrain - especially considering the independent shocks on the wheels. But that width makes it a less than ideal choice for indoor use or as an all-around stroller.

dub
03-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks, everyone! I think we've decided to go with a BOB Revolution Duallie.

salsah
03-20-2009, 06:26 PM
just in case, have you checked the width of the bob? iirc, it is more than 30" which is too wide to fit thru most standard doorways.