PDA

View Full Version : Waking up at night

SoloMelody
03-11-2009, 09:04 PM
DD is 10 mo old and for the past week has had very disturbed night sleep.

She goes down around 8. I used to feed her once more at 10:30 and we would all sleep till 7 am. Now she is moving and changing positions a lot at night after 2 am and dosent seem to be comfortable. Sometimes she sits up and starts sucking her thumb and wants to sleep upright if possible.

So I have been sleeping in the nursery with her next to me and its still the same. She leans on me and sleeps prettly well,but we cant do that all the time.She does not like to be on her back. She will move to her tummy or sit up and put her head down in front of her or sleep on her side with her head almost touching feet (kind of curled up). But she keeps moving and is not comfy in any position for a long time.

I am at loss of what to do...should I swaddle her and help her sleep better?

The docs wanted to eliminate that it was not a ear infection, so they tried looking in her ears, but there is so much wax that they could not see a ear drums. And her ears dont seem to bother her at all. She does not scratch ears etc. They said they would have to eliminate the ear infection as an issue and then would conclude that it is a growth/developmental phase. we came home with no conclusion.

I am looking for similar experineces and suggestions?

SnuggleBuggles
03-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Is she capable of sleeping w/o you being in there? If it is just a matter of her being restless I really would leave her be. She'll figure out how to get herself back to sleep.

Then again, the only thing I can count on with ds2's sleep (he's 15m) is that it is inconsistent. Each phase lasts about 10 days. Teething, physical milestones, emotional milestones, illness...all mess with his sleep on occasion.

Beth

jenny
03-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Are her molars coming in? is she hungry?

My dd is 8 months and she drinks about 7-8 ounces of milk before going to sleep and sleeps for 12 hours most of the time. Sometimes she'll get restless and and briefly wake up, but we just let her lie in her crib and then she falls back asleep again.