PDA

View Full Version : Good beach blanket that won't attract sand?

ang79
03-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Hope this is the right area to ask this! Awhile back I saw a blanket somewhere that claimed to not attract sand or grass and I think it also was good to use if the ground was slightly damp, it would keep you dry. I'd love to get something like this to use at the beach this summer, as DD2 will be 7 mos. old and I want a big blanket for her to play on. I'd also use it for outside at the park, on picnics, etc. Any suggestions?

tiapam
03-12-2009, 12:16 AM
This might be it:

http://www.theneatsheet.com/

It's very lightweight, but has weights at the corners. It's not really a blanket, it's kind of a papery mesh fabric, reusable but eventually you will probably want to get a new one. But it works as advertised. We used ours for a while (2-3 years) before I finally tossed it. I even washed it a few times. I would recommend it.

ang79
03-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for! Is it durable enough that it won't get tears easily? Really just want something for the beach trip, as I normally use a regular blanket when we are on the grass at home or the playground.

hillview
03-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Yes it is!
/hillary

neeleymartin
03-12-2009, 08:39 PM
born and raised beacher here.

the two best things that we have used are bed sheets, they are super light weight,

or tablecloths, canvas-y ones, a little heavier, but take up no room in the beach bag.

both are super cheap options and available everywhere, including your closet, lol. hth

codex57
03-12-2009, 09:08 PM
A bamboo beach mat works great.

Something like this:
http://www.asianimportstore.com/black-striped-tatami-mats.html

LMPC
03-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I second the PP's suggestion of the bedsheet. I spent tons of time on FL beaches as a kid and we always brought sheets. They didn't seem to attract sand at all. We even put our towels on top of them to keep them from getting sandy.

JBaxter
03-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Bed sheets is what Ive used. They are lightweight and easy to wash and dry.

Nooknookmom
03-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Bedsheeter here too, grew up going to Myrtle Beach and Florida. Mom always had a sheet in the station wagon!!!

greatcanuk
03-13-2009, 10:33 PM
I really love the Neat Sheet. It's great for damp grassy areas as well as the beach. You can just shake the sand off.

In the past, I've used bed sheets for the beach too. Actually, it was an old raggedy duvet cover, so it was more substantial than a sheet.

Camille

MamaKath
03-16-2009, 07:40 PM
We got a big picnic blanket at Target last year. Polar fleece on one side, smooth fabric that repelled sand on the other.