PDA

View Full Version : You bid for it, now just pay me!

mamaoftwins
03-12-2009, 11:20 AM
I am so sick of non-paying buyers on eBay - seriously, just pay me already! It is a total waste of my two weeks to have to wait a week for you to pay, hear nothing from you, then wait a week while eBay tries to contact you, and still nothing! I would love to ship the item YOU won to you RIGHT NOW, just go to PayPal and send me a freakin' payment!

And to eBay - these people really have no reason to pay since you changed the feedback system! All they get it a non-paying "strike" that is not visible to anyone but you.

Argh! :32:

deenass
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
I sold something several weeks ago and immediately sent an invoice. WHen I didn't hear from the buyer after three days, I sent an email to which he replied "waiting for $ to come into paypal account - will pay at end of week", when he didn't pay (or email me that he couldn't) I emailed him again, he said "oh, $ didn't go through, will pay at end of week", when he didn't pay AGAIN, we contacted ebay - he then paid with a check to paypal that we had to wait OVER A WEEK to clear!!!

I just want this crap out of my house!!!!!!!!!!!!

jal
03-12-2009, 01:04 PM
And these are the reasons why I have a bunch of stuff I could get some from for through ebay... but I'm not so desperate for the extra money that it's been worth the hassles like this.

frgsnlzrds
03-12-2009, 05:23 PM
I know how you feel. I've had those people, too. A lot of stupid people shop on ebay. My favorite was someone from Brazil who won and then decided shipping was too expensive.

But now I'm on the other end of the spectrum, having paid promptly for my item on 2/14 and I'm STILL waiting for it. I had to open a paypal claim before it was too late. :-(

mamaoftwins
03-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Ok, at least I am not the only one. Thanks, ladies. I have had a slew on non-paying buyers over the last few months. I had an auction that ended on Wed am, and the gal still has not paid me. She's new, too, only 2 feedbacks in two years, and nothing in the last year. Hopefully she'll pay soon. *sigh* I almost ALWAYS have trouble with the new people. I was new once, too (in 2004)!

The worst part - this is the third time I have had this item up! So, there have been two non-paying buyers before her that didn't respond to eBay either, and I had to waste two weeks plus on each of them! Argh!

I think I am going to write an email to eBay letting them know that I really don't like their new feedback system.

clc053103
03-13-2009, 11:21 AM
I feel for you! I had a non paying bidder on concert tickets. I couldn't relist for 7 days- the concert was in 6 days. I even sent a note to her saying "if you don't want them, just be honest and tell me and i will just relist them" but she wouldn't respond. ended up selling for 1/2 value the day of the show on craigslist.

Yep- no need to pay if you can't be harmed by negative feedback. And you don't get kicked out unless you have 2 non payment strikes.

frgsnlzrds
03-13-2009, 03:09 PM
isn't there a way to block bidders w/less than a certain # of feedbacks from bidding on your item?

KrisM
03-13-2009, 03:37 PM
isn't there a way to block bidders w/less than a certain # of feedbacks from bidding on your item?

Yes, if they are -1 or less you can block them. Doesn't help much.

You can block if they have 2 unpaid item strikes within 1 month. So, report them so they get a strike at least.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Ebay sure has changed for the worse, hasn't it?

mamaoftwins
03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes, if they are -1 or less you can block them. Doesn't help much.

You can block if they have 2 unpaid item strikes within 1 month. So, report them so they get a strike at least.

You can block a whole bunch of stuff while setting up your listing - I do the above, but you can change the 1 month to 6 months, I think, so if the potential buyer has two strikes in a 6 mo period, they can't bid. It's all under "Other things you'd like buyers to know" - "Buyer Requirements" when you're setting up your listing. You can also block people without a PayPal account or who are bidding from another country if you don't do international shipping. I'm sure those things help a bit.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Ebay sure has changed for the worse, hasn't it?

It sure has. What a pain this is now. I understand them wanting to change the feedback so that buyers don't worry about retaliation from bad sellers, but man, I wish they would put an exception in for non-paying buyers!! Then at least they'd get neg feedback instead of these ridiculous "strikes".

mamaoftwins
03-13-2009, 04:01 PM
I feel for you! I had a non paying bidder on concert tickets. I couldn't relist for 7 days- the concert was in 6 days. I even sent a note to her saying "if you don't want them, just be honest and tell me and i will just relist them" but she wouldn't respond. ended up selling for 1/2 value the day of the show on craigslist.

Wow, this one is really bad. I would have totally flipped. It sucks to have to wait seven days, then the additional seven after reporting to eBay.

mommy111
03-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Oh yeah....ebay sucks now, I had one person buy an expensive item from me, then refuse to pay because her 4 year old child hit the buy button by 'mistake'. Yeah. In another auction, this person sent me 4 emails about whether she wanted to buy an item, saying she wasn't sure, then buy it, then send me another email saying she wasn't sure, then make me ship it to her and then say she didn't really like it and could I return it. Makes me mad, because at this point the return shipping is more than the cost of the item.

KrisM
03-13-2009, 04:24 PM
You can block a whole bunch of stuff while setting up your listing - I do the above, but you can change the 1 month to 6 months, I think, so if the potential buyer has two strikes in a 6 mo period, they can't bid. It's all under "Other things you'd like buyers to know" - "Buyer Requirements" when you're setting up your listing. You can also block people without a PayPal account or who are bidding from another country if you don't do international shipping. I'm sure those things help a bit.

It sure has. What a pain this is now. I understand them wanting to change the feedback so that buyers don't worry about retaliation from bad sellers, but man, I wish they would put an exception in for non-paying buyers!! Then at least they'd get neg feedback instead of these ridiculous "strikes".

Yes, I meant to put 6 months! I have all the others set, too.

I really wish we could leave neg for non-paying buyers. I don't understand why we can't. Just stupid.

I used to sell a lot - maybe 100 items a month. I currently don't have anything listed. I prefer selling on Amazon now. Returns are a pain, but most everything else is better.

mamaoftwins
03-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I used to sell a lot - maybe 100 items a month. I currently don't have anything listed. I prefer selling on Amazon now. Returns are a pain, but most everything else is better.

That's funny - I used to sell on Amazon a lot more, then came over to eBay b/c I had some really random stuff that I didn't think would get as much exposure over there. Maybe I should head back ... :)

KrisM
03-13-2009, 04:54 PM
That's funny - I used to sell on Amazon a lot more, then came over to eBay b/c I had some really random stuff that I didn't think would get as much exposure over there. Maybe I should head back ... :)

I sell a lot of new toys on Amazon and they do so much better there than on ebay. I sold maybe 200 items a week in December and got about 10 returns, so not too bad. It's a bit slower for me now, but I don't have a lot listed. I like that it's free to list. Come on back :).

mamaoftwins
03-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Come on back :).

Alright, I think I will! I have some stuff on eBay now that I have to take down due to going out of town next week as I mentioned in my other post. So maybe instead of relisting at eBay, I'll put them up on Amazon. Cool, I forgot that it was free to list!