PDA

View Full Version : Best sling for short mom

Zoey187
03-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I am under 5 foot tall and was wondering what was the best sling for me and my baby. He is over 13 pounds and will be using it for quick trips to the store, around the house when he won't sleep and for an airplane trip that we will be taking in May.

What about the Amy Co one at Babiesrus? I tried it on and it seemed to fit me ok. Worried about him inside. Would also need to use it when he gets bigger and hold his head up.

Any other good ones? Please provide links!

Thanks!

DebbieJ
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
A ring sling is probably your best bet because it is infinitely adjustable.

I like my Zolowear sling. www.zolowear.com. Maya Wraps are also nice. Many here like Rev Jan's slings www.sleepingbaby.net

pb&j
03-13-2009, 06:49 AM
I am short w/a short torso and hated my ring sling. I tried to love it, I did, esp after all the $$ I spent on it. I had to special order it from zolowear b/c I needed such a small size. It just never felt right, and there was always extra fabric trailing around or bunching up.

I now have a Peanut Shell and a hotsling (http://www.hotslings.com/ but there are great deals at a lot of other sites - I got mine on super duper clearance for $20 at babysnazz.com), and love them both. They are pouches - couldn't get any simpler or easier. I used a pouch w/DS till he was about a year old. And he was a big boy - 25 lbs at a year.

maiaann
03-13-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm 5'0" and I have 2 slings. I have a hotsling which worked fine in the beginning, but did fall low on the hip because of my petite size. As baby got bigger it made it harder to walk as her weight would press against my hip and interfere with my stride. I also have a gypsy mama sling (the king that is about a million feet of material that you can wrap in a million different ways). I like it best. I had to have a store clerk teach me how to use the thing, but once I got it figured out, it was a breeze.

I also have a baby bjorn, which worked okay, but the other two fit better in the diaper bag (no snaps or buttons) and the baby bjorn isn't quite as "one size fits all."

hellokitty
03-13-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't think that ht is really an issue with slings. It's more of a girth and or large busted issue that can make finding the right sling challenging. I have all sorts of slings, rings, pouchs, mei tais, wraps, patapum and have never found my ht (I'm 5 ft 3.5 inches) to be an issue. My DH has used my slings, he's 5'10" and can use the same ones I do for the most part. If you order a pouch sling, you just need to make sure you measure yourself correctly to order the correct size.