PDA

View Full Version : Favorite accessories for BJCMD?

WatchingThemGrow
03-12-2009, 02:46 PM
We've been out and about for 3 days now with the bjcmd and I'm missing all the pockets on the Elite. Does anyone have the BJ console for the mini or have you put anything else on it?

I tried my Skip Hop Dash, and although it fit well, I felt bad about the little sewn in strip on the canopy that says "Don't hang bags from the handlebars." Darn. I would've been FINE with that remedy.

What have you tried that works well and feels legal?

salsah
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
that "don't hang anything" warning is new -- just a liability issue. older ones don't have it. if the stroller doesn't seem tippy to you, then go for it. i have the parent console one one side and i hang my skip hop duo on the other side. works well for me. how much more storage does the elite have (that the mini doesn't)?

PeppyParents
03-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi,

Yeah, in terms of storage, you lose a bit on the Mini compared to the Elite.

The handlebar console for the mini (which stretches across half of the handlebar on the double) is definitely worth it... a little cupholder and a couple decent compartments for cell phone, wallet, paci, etc.

Baby Jogger also just released a very neat diaper bag that mounts on the SIDE of the City Mini, Elite, and Summit single/double strollers. They call it the "Snap N Go" diaper bag.

It's actually pretty nice, for a medium-sized bag, with a few outside pockets, a few inside pockets, a zippered main area, and then a long sleeve/pocket on the back side.

The way it works is that it comes with a mount that you slip over the stroller's accessory bracket (on either side). You can still use that bracket for bumper bar, etc. But the diaper bag just clicks onto that mount and pops right off by pushing a button. It can go on left or right side.

On doubles, though, just be aware that you're going to have a stroller a few inches wider when the diaper bag is mounted on it.

Besides having that decent bag, it also eliminates tippiness and doesn't use up your underseat storage. Really genius product!

WatchingThemGrow
03-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks, Heather. I think I saw it in the 09 BJ catalog, but realized the width thing may be an issue. Getting through doors is still important to me :)

Salsah, with the Elite, the 12 compartment console can hold like 4 drinks, a couple snack traps, a couple cell phones, sets of keys, tissues, wipes, and a ton of other stuff. The underseat storage is more accessible from the sides and definitely from the front with the legrest flaps. The fact I can (legally) hang a SH Dash from the handle is great for longer outings.

The seatback storage is the same, so I've found myself relying more heavily on it for my small purse, drinks, etc.

Can you hang 2 of the mini consoles on the double?

salsah
03-13-2009, 06:07 PM
with the Elite, the 12 compartment console can hold like 4 drinks, a couple snack traps, a couple cell phones, sets of keys, tissues, wipes, and a ton of other stuff.
Can you hang 2 of the mini consoles on the double?

wow! that is nice! can you take it off and put it on the mini?

you can put two consoles on (one on each side). They will have to share the middle bar so they will be staggered. does the store where you got the stroller have them? if they do, i'm sure that they wouldn't mind you trying them on the stroller before you buy them.

purpelina
03-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Well, the Baby jogger company has all kinds of warning on their strollers. Basically, if whatever happened they don't want to deal with lawsuit I suppose. If you read the whole "DO NOT DO" list, you might be scared to even look at the stroller, not to mention use it with your child :) (do not run, do not make sharp turns, do not hang anything etc. Crazy!) Just use your common sense and don't overload the stroller. Otherwise, attachments sold by other companies (for cheaper) can be used, like Sunshine kids console, that costs $10 on Amazon.

WatchingThemGrow
03-13-2009, 06:15 PM
wow! that is nice! can you take it off and put it on the mini?

you can put two consoles on (one on each side). They will have to share the middle bar so they will be staggered. does the store where you got the stroller have them? if they do, i'm sure that they wouldn't mind you trying them on the stroller before you buy them.

There's an extra crossbar on the Elite (must add that 13 lbs lol) that it hangs from. The Mini doesn't have that bar and the console would be covering the handlebar if I tried it, I think.

The store I got it from...is a friend's bike shop and they special ordered it and gave it to us in exchange for DH teaching their programmer some new stuff :yay: They don't carry stroller accessories. I guess I'll just order one console for now, snap some drink deputies and snack traps on and be happy :). The SH Pronto changer fits in the bottom and I'm sure I can find some place to hang a stroller swiveler for a light shopping bag.