PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me about your blackout shades

WatchingThemGrow
03-12-2009, 02:53 PM
We had the Levolor roller blinds that we LOVED in each DC's room until we got new windows a few months ago. Although the blinds still fit, the mounting brackets no longer have a flat place to rest.

Does anyone know a way to rig a bracket to hold them up behind the plantation blinds, on a piece of 1/4 round shoe molding? The surface is round and I can't figure out how to secure them.

I looked at the Wamsutta blackout curtains (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14866973) at BBBeyond today and ended up with a similar product on clearance with a coupon for $10. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit.

So...I can make something if I knew what to get at Jo-Ann's or I can buy something, but I'd like to know what others have that looks nice and simple and works well.

We really need DD to reestablish her nap. Desperately.

C99
03-13-2009, 09:03 PM
I love our blackout shades, but they are actual cellular shades and are mounted to the inside of the window. It sounds like you'd have the same problem with them as you do with your plantation shutters now. You cannot put a bracket on a quarter round.