PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your appliances

curlytop
03-12-2009, 03:44 PM
We are in the market for new appliances. We will need everything - fridge, dishwasher, range(although we may switch to the cooktop w/ double oven route), microwave.
Any you totally love or would avoid?

We can get some good deals on some Kenmore, LG and Electrolux models right now. I've checked reviews but nothing really jumps out.

We are planning to go with stainless, but I am worried about fingerprints, are there ones that are better than others?

TIA!

hellokitty
03-12-2009, 04:07 PM
We got an Electrolux fridge (stainless, cabinet depth) that is is REALLY nice. I like it a lot, luckily it was a gift from a family member, b/c it was also very expensive (but relative who got it for us gets a big discount).

We have Fridgidaire for just about everything else, front loading W&D, DW and gas stove and have been happy with it. My only recommendation is that for the DW, if you can afford it, get the SS interior, it is quieter. Also, I REALLY wanted a ceramic top stove, b/c they look like they are easier to clean than the gas ones... BUT several of my friends have them and loathe them. I guess you have to use some sort of special chemical to clean it and it's a PITA. I have some friends who have actually thought about switching back to a gas top, b/c they hate their ceramic top so much.

AJP
03-15-2009, 03:54 PM
There's a great site (thathomesitedotcom) that has a h-u-g-e appliance thread. That place was a Godsend when we chose appliances. I have the KitchenAid fridge with freezer below (not the french door style) and I'm very happy with it. For cooktop we went w/gas and have the double dish drawers by FP. One thing I'm so glad we did was the double ovens. We only use both a few times a year, but so worth it if you entertain for large groups or bake a lot!