PDA

View Full Version : That's the way to crush her spirits.....

Pennylane
03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
I volunteer at my dd's school a few days a month. When I arrived today, they were still having circle time where they go over what they are going to do for centers that day. The teacher showed them a new bulletin board that was up and over the top it said "Eggcellent Work". She then went on to tell them that if they did a good job on their worksheet during centers, it would be posted on the board.

Anyway, my dd just got home and her picture was in her backpack. I asked her why she had brought it home and she said it was not good enough to go on the board. It was a great picture, all labeled and colored. She really could have not done much more. I mean, she's in first grade and it's not art class.

Vent over :)

Ann

Wife_and_mommy
03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Ouch. :(

Maybe all the kids will have a turn eventually? Hopefully you and she will recover quickly. :hug:

shawnandangel
03-12-2009, 05:42 PM
That would upset me. I would talk to the teacher about it.

In the meantime maybe you can make a cork board at home where you display her art to boost her confidence.

egoldber
03-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Did she seem upset? I'd be leery out of making a bigger deal of it that may be to her. I'm sure not all of them went up on the board.

Maybe the class voted on which ones to put on the board?

new_mommy25
03-12-2009, 07:38 PM
They do the same thing at my DS's school. Sometimes his work gets up there and sometimes it doesn't. He never seems concerned with it. If your DD is upset then I can see why you are too. Does her teacher email? I have found that's an excellent and easy way to communicate with my DS's teacher.

Pennylane
03-12-2009, 07:44 PM
No, she did not seem that upset. I guess since I was there and heard the directions, I just can't figure out why hers got sent home. I am not one to "rock the boat" and since dd is over it, I will just let it go!

Ann

Wife_and_mommy
03-12-2009, 08:43 PM
In the meantime maybe you can make a cork board at home where you display her art to boost her confidence.

I actually have a wall in our dining room full of dc's art. It broke my heart when my 7 yo niece was so thrilled for me to display a picture she made. I love that something so simple tells my dc/niece how much we love them.

Pennylane
03-12-2009, 09:46 PM
That would upset me. I would talk to the teacher about it.

We've got one in the playroom, plus I always hang her art on the fridge for a few days!

Ann

DrSally
03-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Terrible! I would talk to the teacher to see what the deal is. Like pp said, maybe all kids will get a turn?