PDA

View Full Version : best deal on a wheelie granny cart?

nabigus
03-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't know exactly what they're called, but the carts that those of us in cities use to get our groceries home. I want one that's sturdier than the ones I can get at local hardware stores. I found one at the Container Store that I really like:
http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?searchId=19119833&itemIndex=10&CATID=199&PRODID=68254

I like that it seems to be in between the tiny ones and the huge ones. But $60?! Any better and cheaper alternatives?

thanks!

hellokitty
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Lol, when I read your title, I thought you need a cart to wheel your granny in! I have seen those elsewhere for cheap, like $20. I'm trying to remember where. Maybe Odd Lots? I actually wanted to get one, b/c the rolling crate I used broke when I put too many books in it, so I needed something more sturdy.

If I were you, I'd put up a post at Freecycle, b/c maybe someone will just give you one of those for free. I remember when I went off to college, my mom tried to give me her old one from the 70's and I looked at her like she was crazy, lol. I think she just ended up donating it to Goodwill. Or you can put up an ad for Craigslist, and maybe get a used one for a good price. I wouldn't spend $60 on one either.

clb
03-13-2009, 01:38 PM
If I were you, I'd put up a post at Freecycle, b/c maybe someone will just give you one of those for free. I remember when I went off to college, my mom tried to give me her old one from the 70's and I looked at her like she was crazy, lol. I think she just ended up donating it to Goodwill. Or you can put up an ad for Craigslist, and maybe get a used one for a good price. I wouldn't spend $60 on one either.

Hellokitty this is so funny!!! When I was in college, my friend had one of these. My roommate and I were always begging to borrow it from her. It was the best for getting clothes to the laundrymat.

greatcanuk
03-13-2009, 09:20 PM
I found one at the Container Store that I really like:
http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?searchId=19119833&itemIndex=10&CATID=199&PRODID=68254

I have that cart. Since it is aluminum, it is incredibly light, definitely a lot lighter than the regular steel ones you see everywhere. I think it's from Japan, so it is unique. The downside is that it is kinda small. Since weight is an important issue to me (dragging it up and down stairs), this is the only cart I've found that is light enough for me. Container Store also sells a heavier steel version of this cart in-store for a lot less--that might work for you. The steel one online is not the same.

HTH,
Camille