PDA

View Full Version : Kettler trikes

Nooknookmom
03-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Dilemma: lockable handlebars or not?

I've been researching the different models and had DD try them out today. On the basic model (pink frame) she was able to reach the pedals. It has the pushbar avail. seperately BUT the handlebars aren't lockable.

The more expensive model has lockable handlebars and includes the pushbar, BUT she can't reach the pedals even on the closest setting.

WWYD??? I know her legs will grow long enough by spring but until then, she really can't scoot it around b/c of the position of the seat, her crotch slips off onto the frame (kinda hard to visualize I know).

TIA

hillview
03-12-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't think you'd be able to steer it with all wheels on the ground and the handlbars unlocked with a push stick --you'd be fighting it or all over the place. THAT said, I almost ALWAYS have to push the bike and lift the front wheel off the ground (can't get the steering to really work with all wheels on the ground). So for US it wouldn't matter but YMMV.
/hillary

Nooknookmom
03-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Gotcha. Grandma is chipping in for DD's 1st bike & Kettler's construction is MUCH better than the competition. So maybe we'll just get the pink one that DD was comfortable scooting around on :)

Thank you!