PDA

View Full Version : I'll be spending more time here...

ShanaMama
03-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Now that I lost my job! :thumbsdown:

:wavey: I have been MIA for way too long. I have literally been drowning. I extended my work hours after DD2 was born (I have no idea how they convinced me to do that!) & haven't really resurfaced since. So I planned to tell my boss that I need to cut my hours because I am really not managing on this schedule. Instead the meeting ended up with me being told I have already been replaced. :irked:

The short long story is that I am completely relieved because this job had become handcuffs. We should be ok financially if I find another job soon. I am seriously looking but also really enjoying being home.
I feel like I am just beginning to resurface after DD2 birth. I canNOT believe DD is 7 1/2 months old. I feel like she was just born.

So, to summarize- I'm back! :jammin:

bubbaray
03-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Well, I'm sorry you lost your job, but happy you're back!

GL and hope you find your dream job soon!

elektra
03-12-2009, 10:19 PM
It sounds like it might be a blessing in disguise. Enjoy your time off and may you find an even better job that suits you better!

elliput
03-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I am glad you got out from under a bad situation. I had a similar thing happen when DD was 7 months old and I found a great position about 6 weeks later.

Good luck with your job search! :cheerleader1:

gatorsmom
03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
It's good to see you back. :)

MontrealMum
03-13-2009, 06:50 AM
I was wondering the other day where you were. Sorry to hear about the job, but here's hoping you find something much better suited to you soon :) Nice of your boss to replace you first - ouch!

JTsMom
03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry about your job, but it does sound like you're going to moving on to a much better situation. Lots of luck on landing the perfect job, and enjoy your time at home. Welcome back!

Wife_and_mommy
03-13-2009, 09:25 AM
So sorry about your job but hooray for more time with the kiddos. :)

Hoping your next job has the balance you need. :hug:

DrSally
03-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Sorry about the job; glad you're back! Our DD's were born around the same time.

ShanaMama
03-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes. As I told DH, sometimes there's a blessing in disguise. This was just a blessing. I am pursuing a few leads at this point but we're going overseas in the beginning of April, so I'd rather just have the time off from now until then. Ideally, I'd find a job now that would allow me to start after vacation so I have the peace of mind knowing that the hunt is over. ;) But I'm just gonna roll with the punches.

s_gosney
03-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Best of luck to you in the job hunt! I hope you find something that is a much better fit for you!