PDA

View Full Version : The BBB-a lifeline to sanity. Ya'll rock!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
03-13-2009, 02:52 AM
So for the past 5 and a half weeks I've been home pretty much all the time. We've gone out 3 times that haven't been to a doctors office or hospital. Both my other children were born in november so we were always able to go out a little, we were never this house bound. But given that february and march are the height of flue and rsv season and the nurses at the hospital actually told us that rsv is hitting late this year, we've been staying home.

I told dh it just wasn't worth it to risk it. So I've pretty much been home for the past 5 weeks. We haven't gone out to eat at all,no shopping really (dh did it all) And I plan on keeping her in as much as possible until the end of march. We haven't even gone to a nursing moms group.

I honestly don't know what I would have done without you guys. I've gotten the interaction that i would have been completely missing otherwise. I've been able to get the adult conversation I would have missed out on and I've been able to vent when I was frustrated.

Thanks you guys.

mommy111
03-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Agree, agree!!! And good luck with the bed rest!

daisyd
03-13-2009, 08:58 AM
I was pretty much in the same situation when this board saved me. You guys rock!

amandabea
03-13-2009, 09:18 AM
I couldn't agree more. The BBB has become my place to check in on life. I don't get to post as often as I'd like, but if I'm on long conf calls at work, I'll pull out my blackberry just so I can hear about what's going on outside of my work world.

DrSally
03-14-2009, 09:34 AM
It's really helped me when DH is out of town so much to have people to have "conversations" with!

LarsMal
03-14-2009, 09:56 AM
I couldn't agree more! I am hoping my brother comes with my mom this week- not just to see my baby bro, but to have his laptop in bed with me. Then maybe I won't get yelled at for getting out of bed to check the BBB 10 times a day! ;)

daisyd
03-14-2009, 11:37 AM
am hoping my brother comes with my mom this week- not just to see my baby bro, but to have his laptop in bed with me. Then maybe I won't get yelled at for getting out of bed to check the BBB 10 times a day!

:D Julie hope things are going well with you. Hugs

DrSally
03-14-2009, 11:49 AM
I couldn't agree more! I am hoping my brother comes with my mom this week- not just to see my baby bro, but to have his laptop in bed with me. Then maybe I won't get yelled at for getting out of bed to check the BBB 10 times a day! ;)

You don't have a laptop! Boy, I would be going nuts. You can get a basic one really cheap now. Not that you want to add an expense right now though.