PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need Advice on Colgate Mattresses

Spicygirl
03-13-2009, 03:39 AM
I, too, am trying to decide on which Colgate mattress to buy. I am considering the Classica III, Visca, and 2 in 1. I want something that has the softer second side for when DS is older (9 wks now). ALSO, can anybody please tell me if these mattresses take standard crib sheets? I have a Pooh theme, and received a ton of the Classic Pooh sheets as gifts.

justincase
03-13-2009, 08:36 AM
DS slept on a Classica I (no softer second side) until he was 2 1/2 and went into his big boy bed. He always seemed to like the firmness. I'm not sure if the dimensions are the same on the models you're considering, but I never had a problem getting "normal" crib sheets to fit -- I mostly used LE sheets but also all different brands of hand-me-downs in emergencies. I think Colgate is one of the more common brands so I would think fit wouldn't be an issue.

elliput
03-13-2009, 09:03 AM
I have the Colgate Visco Classica. It is standard size, so your sheets should fit just fine.

I found with my first DC that she prefered the visco side to the firm side at a fairly early age and have had that side up with DS exclusively.

Spicygirl
03-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

daisyd
03-14-2009, 11:17 AM
We have the classica I. No problems with crib sheet fit. It took DC some time to get used to it though. He still prefers our less firm adult bed to his mattress. While the firm mattress is good for prevention of SIDS I've read about other babies disliking it.