PDA

View Full Version : Bumbleride Flyer

eml569
03-13-2009, 09:52 AM
I posted on here last month with questions about the Flyer and it seems a lot of people didn't like them/had heard negative things about them - mainly about the steering. We went ahead and ordered it to try it out ourselves, and love it. They apparently changed the steering for the 2009 models to make it easier when the handle is reversed, and while it wasn't as easy to steer while in forward facing position, it wasn't difficult either. We took it outside and threw some potatoes in it, and it was still pretty easy.
I'm not due until mid April, so obviously haven't gotten more of a chance to use it in real world situations. But it seems like it will work well for our needs! (And the colors are pretty :wink2:)

PeppyParents
03-13-2009, 03:28 PM
For the 2009 Flyer that Bumbleride just released, they improved the wheels and footprint for better handling.

Glad to hear from one of the first new owners of a 2009 Flyer that it may have really paid off!

mdmom2b
03-14-2009, 02:53 PM
how is the fold of the 2009 flyer? I know that was the other thing that people had complained about, and I'm wondering if they improved it for the 2009 model...what do you think?

eml569
03-16-2009, 12:17 PM
how is the fold of the 2009 flyer? I know that was the other thing that people had complained about, and I'm wondering if they improved it for the 2009 model...what do you think?

It's pretty simple; lean over a bit, push the buttons in and give it a little "hip bump" and it starts to fold. It actually folds onto itself and down. Then pick it up. It isn't the lightest (20 lbs) but even at 35 weeks pregnant, I can fold it, pick it up, put it in the car, pull it out, and unfold it without much difficulty. (caveat - we never had a chance to play with the earlier models, so I don't know how it compares to them, just to the other stroller we got to check out).
It is definitely less bulky and cumbersome than the Chicco Cortina that we were first considering :)

I'll post again in a few months once we get more real world use out of it, but so far we love it!

mdmom2b
03-17-2009, 11:00 PM
thanks! I'm glad to hear that...I think we are pretty much set on the new Flyer...as long as the steering it better it has everything I want! I feel better it steered well with the sack of potatoes!

amitya
03-21-2009, 08:10 PM
I also ordered the 2009 Flyer and love it as well. I'm due in June, so no real world use here either, but we have test driven it around the yard and on different sidewalk/grass/driveway material. Did you receive the car seat adapter bar with yours? Mine wasn't in the box. I spoke to Bumbleride and they said they weren't ready yet when they started shipping the 2009's but they are sending it to me.

eml569
03-25-2009, 02:53 PM
I also ordered the 2009 Flyer and love it as well. I'm due in June, so no real world use here either, but we have test driven it around the yard and on different sidewalk/grass/driveway material. Did you receive the car seat adapter bar with yours? Mine wasn't in the box. I spoke to Bumbleride and they said they weren't ready yet when they started shipping the 2009's but they are sending it to me.

The adaptor bar was in the box, and is installed on the stroller. I have my doubts as to how much we will be using it, but H wanted it on there for now. We have a Graco SafeSeat in brown/green which looks more than a bit funky so we also registered for the cover....but if someone doesn't purchase for us, we're not going to buy it. I just can't stomach a stroller, a car seat, and a $70 cover for said car seat to make it match the stroller :)