PDA

View Full Version : oooh...not cool!

LarsMal
03-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Baby #3 has a name. It's not a secret, but I don't use it a lot in conversation. If someone asks me I will tell them. We use it openly in the house, and the kids refer to her by her name. In writing, though, especially on FB, I ALWAYS refer to her as "Baby C". Not for any other reason than I was waiting until she was born to introduce her by her name and start using it.

I had a status up yesterday and refered to her as Baby C. EVERYONE who wrote back (even people who know her name) also called her Baby C in their comment- except one friend. She is the kind that has to be in the know and wants everyone to know that she knows it all. I was so peeved! Not a huge deal, but I wrote one of my friends to point it out. She said she noticed it immediately and was peeved, too, b/c clearly I have made a point of calling her Baby C in everything I write. She doesn't know this friend personally, but pointed out that she could tell the other friend clearly used her name as if to point out- look at me, you all call her Baby C, but *I* know her name.

ugh...just tacky...

g-mama
03-13-2009, 01:54 PM
I hope you deleted her comment. That's annoying and childish.

KrisM
03-13-2009, 02:26 PM
I hope you deleted her comment. That's annoying and childish.

I agree with this.

srhs
03-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Yep, DELETE! Only explain to her if she asks; surely she knows anyway. I've had people delete my comment along with all the others about a status update...didn't bother me a bit...and I tend to be sensitive.