PDA

View Full Version : I don't even know what to say when he comes home

hillview
03-13-2009, 04:50 PM
DH has been in Australia since Saturday. He is due home today. I didn't hear from him yesterday which annoyed me but know you can get busy with work etc. I checked his flight and it landed at 3 from another US airport (eg no customs etc). I called his cell and emailed and got no response. After it got to be 4:30 and no word (we live 15 mins from airport) I got worried and called his office. His admin said he was there. WTF not even an email or call?? Seriously? He will (if he knows what is good for him) be walking through the door any minute. I am angry AND hurt that he doesn't get it.

Thanks for listening.
/hillary

KrisM
03-13-2009, 04:53 PM
I'd be angry and hurt as well. I can't imagine what excuse would be good enough for that. I don't know what I'd say as I'm sure it would be not very nice at all, and if you can't say something nice...

I'm sorry he didn't call.

WatchingThemGrow
03-13-2009, 04:53 PM
That's ridiculous. I'd be SO furious with anything except a totally dead cell battery - something I am easily capable of having...

lorinick
03-13-2009, 04:56 PM
You have every right to be angry and hurt. I would be as well. I'm sure he doesn't get it. Let us know what the excuse is. I'm sure it's not going to be anything you would think was great.

bubbaray
03-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Dead battery/lost phone/no US change?????

Sorry your feelings are hurt. Hopefully he shows up with presents and flowers!

HUGS

KrisM
03-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Dead cell, I could buy, but if he's at the office wouldn't they have a land line?

hillview
03-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Dead cell, I could buy, but if he's at the office wouldn't they have a land line?
I think that is where I am -- I get the dead cell -- really I do (happens to me!) but the you are at the office but can't call or email?

Thanks ladies. Man I am upset.
/hillary

lorinick
03-13-2009, 05:01 PM

That was my thought. If he's in the office he couldn't pick up the phone or text.

bubbaray
03-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Sorry I missed the bit about him being at his office now.

Hmmm -- work crisis? In a lockdown of some sort????

Dunno. Hope he has a good excuse!

mamaoftwins
03-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Ugh, I would be livid. Echo'ing pp, hope he has a good excuse!

DrSally
03-13-2009, 05:49 PM
I understand. After being out of country so long, you think he'd come straight home (we would). I wonder how he would feel if you did something like that.

ThreeofUs
03-13-2009, 06:01 PM
I understand. After being out of country so long, you think he'd come straight home (we would). I wonder how he would feel if you did something like that.

:yeahthat:

I'd be so hurt! I'd probably be ready to walk out the door with the kids, I'd be so mad. Wouldn't be helpful of course, but there I'd be.

:hug:

salsah
03-13-2009, 06:20 PM
i hate that type of behavior (dh is like that). they just don't get it.

sorry. :hug:

hbridge
03-13-2009, 06:42 PM
I have one of those husbands.

My guess is that in your husbands mind he's "still working"! I'm sure he didn't even think that you may be worried!

kristenk
03-13-2009, 08:21 PM
I would be incredibly hurt and incredibly angry.

I hope he has a very good excuse.

gatorsmom
03-13-2009, 08:50 PM

My guess is that in your husbands mind he's "still working"! I'm sure he didn't even think that you may be worried!

I thought this exact same thing. That's my husband. I've gotten use to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. If your DH is like mine, he'll walk through the door saying, "you won't believe what is going on at work" totally oblivious to your anger until he looks at your face and says, "what? You look like you are upset about something." They just get so wrapped up in their little world they have no idea.

Hope he makes you feel better.

niccig
03-13-2009, 09:03 PM

Yeah this.

I had to train DH to call me when he landed on a trip. He didn't the first trip he took and I ended up calling a couple of hours later. He was like "huh"? I just like to know that your plane landed and you got to your destination safely. A quick, I'm here, I'm fine, is all that I need.

To the OP, I would be pretty steamed up if DH had been gone that long and he didn't think to call when he got in.

Corie
03-13-2009, 11:03 PM
This would really really piss me off.

egoldber
03-14-2009, 08:20 AM
I had to train DH to call me when he landed on a trip. He didn't the first trip he took and I ended up calling a couple of hours later. He was like "huh"? I just like to know that your plane landed and you got to your destination safely. A quick, I'm here, I'm fine, is all that I need.

:yeahthat:

BTDT. After an international trip and he went straight to the office and didn't think to call I was sooooooo mad. He never did that again. ;)

hillview
03-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks ladies!

Had the chat with him last night. He didn't seem to totally get it but GOT it and apologized and said "it won't happen again."

ARGH.

I do feel better this am :)
/hillary

mamaoftwins
03-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Good, glad he understands - at least enough to not do it ever again. :)