PDA

View Full Version : Does this exist? Double stroller that folds super small?

astromaggie
03-13-2009, 08:42 PM

mom2acrew
03-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Maclaren Twin Triumph?

westgre
03-14-2009, 03:17 AM
We have the Eddie Bauer Transit Tandem. I've been pleasantly surprised by this stroller. I didn't have a large budget for a double and found one of these on sale. It folds very small and steers pretty well. There's hardly any storage room on the stroller, but I just hang my diaper bag on the back and use that for storage. I'm on my iPod right now, so I can't post a link, but it looks like Sears has it instock.

purpelina
03-14-2009, 04:05 AM
Maclaren would have the narrowest fold, and baby jogger city mini double is a good option as well. It's bigger than a Mac, but folds flat in half, and depending on what kind of storage you have might fit in a closet. Check measurements online

Melaine
03-14-2009, 09:18 AM
The older Kolkraft double umbrella (I think now it is the Jeep double umbrella) folded SUPER small. But it is a bare bones umbrella double, with no extras.

hellokitty
03-14-2009, 10:13 AM
It depends what your definition of, "super small" is. Most umbrella doubles fold up small compared to regular doubles. My combi SBS double IMO folds up, "super small" (compared to my P&T E3 with doubles kit and the stupid Graco double I tried and sold off right away) and I like that it stands up by itself when it's folded and has a strap on it to sling over your shoulder. We use it as our travel stroller, I found it at Goodwill for only $35!

ThreeofUs
03-14-2009, 11:27 AM
We use it as our travel stroller, I found it at Goodwill for only $35!

You ROCK! I wanna know what Goodwill you patronize!

hellokitty
03-14-2009, 12:57 PM
You ROCK! I wanna know what Goodwill you patronize!

Lol, well I usually don't find anything but books at my Goodwill. As of yet, my combi find it the best deal yet. Otherwise, I'd normally rate our Goodwill as pretty disappointing and typically over-priced (which is why I usually only shop for books there, b/c they are 25 cents each for kids books, the clothing selection is like walmart stuff and IMO expensive, I can buy new stuff on clearance for the same price at Target). I was really surprised someone would just get rid of a nice stroller like that at a thrift store though. One basket is missing the metal part that holds up one side (not a big deal), and it was a little bit dirty and it had all the accessories, like the canopies, trays and the water bottle holder/bag. However, I cleaned it up and for a travel stroller, it totally fits my needs, esp since I don't want to worry about an expensive stroller that might get damaged/lost/stolen during our travels and combis are the lightest strollers I have yet to come by. Combis are not known at all in our area, it's definitely Graco/Evenflo/Kolcraft country, so I suspect that was the only reason I was dancing around like an idiot when I found it, b/c I've had a single combi before and loved it, but sold it off, b/c I had too many strollers. Most ppl that saw it probably thought it was a unknown brand and skipped it.

Momof3Labs
03-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I found it at Goodwill for only $35!

I have you beat! Found my Combi SBS twin at a thrift store for $29. It was in great shape, just needed some crumbs dusted off. I always wondered if someone left it on the porch and it got taken by the donations truck when he picked up other things. It is pretty lightweight for a double and does fold quite small - I know that we'll find it handy with the twins!

bubbaray
03-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Combis are NOT the stroller for tall people. Just sayin'....

WatchingThemGrow
03-14-2009, 09:23 PM
A Mac Twin Triumph from http://www.albeebaby.com/maclaren-twin-triumph-2008-stroller-scarlet.html would probably be good.

How big are the DC and do you want an indoor or outdoor stroller?

If you want something for outdoors with a pretty tight fold, try the Baby Jogger City Elite Double, also on AlbeeBaby. They have last year's model at a great price.

astromaggie
03-16-2009, 08:59 PM