PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for my 3 year old non-stroller kid at Disney?

Marriedladytara
03-14-2009, 09:03 PM
We're taking our 3 year old son in June. He hates to walk or to ride in a stroller. He only wants to be carried (which we're working on). He'll definitely need a stroller, and I don't want to rent one because I know he'll need it on the way from the buses or monorail to the hotel.

We have a Mac Quest that's a few years old but something is wrong with the wheel and we're not really into sending it to Maclaren to get fixed (which is what they told us we would need to do).

I initially said I would get a $20 umbrella stroller at Babies R Us and try to give it to another family on the way out of the parks when we left, but my son is really fair and I'd like a decent canopy that could be augmented with something more substantial.

We already have our broken Quest, a Valco Runabout and a BJCM in our collection.

I'd like something comfy, light, easy for us to carry... Do I need a Volo? Is there anything else that might do the job as well and cost less?

Thanks so much!!!

WatchingThemGrow
03-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Why wouldn't you take the Mini?

Momof3Labs
03-14-2009, 09:12 PM
How much does your DS weigh? Those cheapie BRU strollers are horrible to push with a heavier kid - so many parents walk around Disney hunched over them; Disney should have a chiropractor waiting at the exit gate to straighten them all out! I'd go with the Mini but if you must have a new stroller, a Volo is probably your best bet.

bubbaray
03-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Well, if you want to get a new stroller, I vote Volo. But, if you want to take something you currently own, I'd take the BJCM

ETA: Lori and I share a brain. ;)

Marriedladytara
03-14-2009, 09:58 PM
I wasn't going to take the mini because we're flying and it's bulky (for that). Besides, we're going to be on and off buses and I want something small.

clc053103
03-15-2009, 07:57 PM
I just picked up a volo for Disney, same purposes as you, and think it is going to fit the bill perfectly. I paid $69.99 for a 2007 at babye-store.com, no issues. There are similarly priced ones on ebay as well.

neeleymartin
03-15-2009, 08:13 PM
just sold my graco ipo to a friend for just such a purpose. she flies often and it is considered a carry on, due to small fold. it has pretty good recline and i recall that the sunshade was mediocre. you could always add an extra one to any stroller, even a cheapo umbrella, but i second the fact that they are super hard to push with a heavy kiddo.

check out the ipo. we liked ours, but simply didn't need it. we got ours at albeebaby.com. hth.

MamaKath
03-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Volo. Lightweight, great fold with carry strap, ad the best canopy out of lightweight strollers. You can easily add a rayshade or pepenney if it isn't quite enough of a shade.

astromaggie
03-16-2009, 09:06 PM