PDA

View Full Version : Stroller with Graco Snug Ride

andyscho
03-15-2009, 10:58 AM
We have to do our baby registry soon and I need some advice on strollers. We want like the Graco SnugRide car seat (so popular and highly rated in the 7th edition), but I don't really like Graco's stroller options.

How can I find out which strollers will work with a Snug Ride, so that I can make my own travel system, rather than staying in the Graco line?

Also, any other suggestions on good travel systems (other brands) in the $250-$300 range?

fairyfolk
03-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi! I have a :heartbeat: 7 month old baby girl :heartbeat: and the best advice I received was to absolutely NOT buy a travel system, and instead get a stroller frame to use with my Graco Snugride. I got the Graco brand stroller frame, which I absolutely love. It is much less expensive than a travel system that, I now know, I would never use.

By getting the stroller frame (which is very light but still sturdy) instead of a travel system, I've been able to really see how I use the stroller so that when my baby outgrows the Snugride, I really can find what works best us. It ends up being much less expensive both in the short-term and the long run.

Another thing I kept in mind is that absolutely everyone I know who bought or were given a travel system has ended up either selling it (the stroller was too heavy, very poor quality, and did not meet their needs) or just throwing the stroller away. They ended up buying another stroller anyway, and ended up spending a lot more money.

Good luck with your decision!

Debra :)

jjordan
03-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Many, many strollers will take a snugride. If you really think you know enough now about what you want in a stroller, then go ahead and shop for your "forever" stroller now, and just check with each stroller if it takes a snugride.

If you're not totally sure what you want in a stroller, get a stroller frame for now and make a big stroller decision later. If you live in an area with an active craigslist, you can often find stroller frames there.

NewMrsU
03-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Uppa Baby's Vista stroller can be adapted to the Graco Snug & Fit. I think they also make an adapter for a Chicco and Peg. We are highly considering the Uppa Vista for a stroller, when the time comes, since it got such high reviews in Baby Bargains 7.1.:applause:

GraceH
03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
What kinds of features are you looking for?
For my urban lifestyle, we have the snugRide32 paired with the Graco Mosaic stroller (at ~$100, it's our glorified umbrella, do all stroller that takes a car seat, narrow footprint, compact fold, under basket and cupholder)

PeppyParents
03-17-2009, 01:56 PM
We have to do our baby registry soon and I need some advice on strollers. We want like the Graco SnugRide car seat (so popular and highly rated in the 7th edition), but I don't really like Graco's stroller options.

How can I find out which strollers will work with a Snug Ride, so that I can make my own travel system, rather than staying in the Graco line?

Also, any other suggestions on good travel systems (other brands) in the $250-$300 range?

Hi,

As others are saying, I think you should first think about what type of stroller you need for your daily life with baby, and then search for options in that type.

MANY stroller manufacturers are compatible with the SnugRide, so do some thinking on best type of stroller for you; and you'll definitely come across a number of good options that would match up to your SnugRide.

Hope that helps!

lorinick
03-17-2009, 02:39 PM
I loved my Graco Snug Ride and the stroller the Metro Lite which we did get as a travel system. It's very light weight and I've never regreted getting it. I can understand people hating the heavy systems. But the Metro is light and folds like the Graco Snug Rider frame it's not that much heavy either. The Chicco travel system is another nice one a little heavier than the Graco Metro but very nice.

Chicco strollers do not accept Graco and the new Pegs also do not. They use to. The Bugaboo, Bob and Vista will. Let us know what your looking for in a stroller and we can give better feedback.

codex57
03-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Yeah, just find the stroller you want. THen go see if it fits a SnugRide. Graco is the 800lb gorilla in this market so most strollers will take it.

I'm not overly impressed with Chicco and Peg strollers so it's no big loss IMO that they don't accept Graco strollers (cuz they make competing infant seats). The Peg P3 is the only one I like, but I like the Zippy even better which does take the Graco.