PDA

View Full Version : Plane Travel with the BJCC

metromom
03-16-2009, 11:22 AM
We are going away for spring break and want to bring our Baby Jogger City Classic. I am just really really scared to gate check it with all the horror stories I have heard. It's brand new and I would be really sad if it got damaged. We also have a P3 and a cheapie Evenflo X Sport umbrella. But I really do not want to give up the features of the BJ since we will be on the boardwalk, beach, etc..and my 9 month old is really comfy in there.

Has anyone gate checked a BJCC? How did it go? Did you use a bag? I read some people use a bunjee cord to keep it together. Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

MamaBear
03-16-2009, 01:29 PM
We have only a Cameleon, and have travelled extensively with it. We have a transport bag, but have never used it (bulky and inconvenient). We've always gate-checked. The only damage so far (knocking on wood!) was a 1 cm slit in the foam on the handlebar.

WatchingThemGrow
03-16-2009, 01:54 PM
IKWYM about wanting to have the comfy stroller with you! We DO bag ours, so we got the Bugaboo bag, then the BJCED bag, which was oddly...the Qseries double bag??? for some reason. We don't bag our Triumph, but everything else, we do!

Anyway, here is the one that should fit yours. http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Carry-Single-Strollers/dp/B001O0D6UQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1237225817&sr=8-1 Double check to make sure.

Once we were unbagging and popping the wheels back on our BJCED and some mom picked up her Aria Twin from gate check and was having a screaming/throwing/slapping fit b/c something had broken off her stroller. I was glad DH let me buy the bag and dealt with ours so I didn't have to make a fool out of myself like that lady did.

metromom
03-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks so much for the amazon link, I ordered it this morning. Definitely worth the peace of mind for me. And I am totally laughing about the lady at the gate freaking out about them breaking her stroller, that would so be me!!!

WatchingThemGrow
03-17-2009, 09:40 AM
This is going to sound really consumeristic, but we're now thinking our double bag will also be plenty big for our mini double also :) Something to keep in mind in case you end with a mini too...

Hope you have a fun trip!

vonfirmath
03-17-2009, 12:19 PM
We lost stuff off our Graco Snap-n-go stroller when taking it over Christmas, so no I don't trust gate-checking stuff either.