PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Athleta Swimsuits?

lovin2shop
03-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Well title says it all, looking for reviews. I'm considering the bra cup suits. I'm bored of the Lands End suits and these look pretty cute!

g-mama
03-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes! I bought two tankinis from Athleta last year and loved them both. As much as I'd like to buy a new one this year, I'll wear them again this year because they're in such great shape. I'd recommend them.

lovin2shop
03-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Great to hear, I think that I'm going to pull the trigger as I really like the styles. Did they run true to size in your opinion?

sste
03-16-2009, 04:40 PM
I love them too - - along with the Patagonia WaterGirl suits (very similar in design and durability). They ran true to size for me. Also, they are designed to be active suits, even the two piece ones, so I have been able to swim in them, they are not "splash" only suits. If you are in a splurge mood and getting a two piece bathing suit consider a matching pair of the "boardie" shorts. I find those make a long day at the beach very comfortable as they give you an option for cover-up or you can actually swim in the boardies.

g-mama
03-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Well, as far as true to size, I always have to size up 1 or even 2 sizes in a bathing suit. I don't know if everyone else does, but I always do. I'm normally a size 8 in clothing but have to go with a 10 or 12 for bathing suits. I'm a large C on top and curvy in general, so that may be why.

As a side note, my dh loved the Athleta tankinis and said they were much sexier and less "mom-ish" in his opinion than the Lands End suits, which I also have a couple of and like. I liked that they were still supportive and not junior-esque, so perhaps they're the best of both worlds. :)

willow33
03-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I absolutely love my Athleta tankini suits! I have two of them and they hold up really well and are very comfortable. They don't dig in at all. They have some really cute new styles out right now :)

mom_hanna
03-22-2009, 11:32 PM
I have 2 that I bought last year and I love them. They are all I wore at the pool last summer.

lovin2shop
03-23-2009, 10:52 AM
I ordered two suits and I can't wait to get them! Thanks for all the feedback. And, g-mama, it sounds like we are the same size, so I'm hopeful that they will fit well.

LarsMal
03-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't let DH throw my latest catalog out b/c there are so many cute suits in there!! I've never ordered anything, but love the look of their stuff.

I also realized I will most likely need a nursing suit this summer, but I love a couple of the skirts/cover-ups, so I think I'll get one of those to feel "normal" over my nursing suit!

Let us know how you like them, too. I will remember this next year when I can order a regular suit again! ;)

Dcclerk
03-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I just found some suits I really like there. Does anyone have a coupon code or free shipping idea? TIA and thanks for the recs!

lovin2shop
03-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Ding, ding, ding, it's a winner! Yay, I love my new suit. I got the splash crossover top with both the solid bottom and the skirted bottom. I'm really impressed with the support from the bra top, it's much better than any suit I've ever had. Dh gave two thumbs up as well. I also ordered the halter maldives suit, and it was nice, but I'll probably send that one back. I didn't like the double tie (across the back and neck) of the halter.

Anyway, overall, it was a great ordering experience. The crossover top originally said that shipment would be delayed until 4/3 because it was out of stock, but the entire order came together anyway. It kills me to pay full retail, but I'll do it for a good swimsuit!

g-mama
03-26-2009, 01:19 PM
I just found some suits I really like there. Does anyone have a coupon code or free shipping idea? TIA and thanks for the recs!

I don't think they ever (or if they do, rarely) have coupons. I searched last summer and had no luck.

Dcclerk
04-04-2009, 11:37 PM
I just tried on my bathing suits. It was quite the sight, considering I'm due in 3 weeks. Everything is a rough approximation at this point, but I am pretty sure that 2 of the suits will end up working really well. 1 other probably would have worked quite well, too, I just couldn't justify another $50 for a suit.

I have to say, their sale section is quite good. I ended up getting a suit that was only $5 more than the Target suit I had been looking at, and this one appears to be much better made. Thanks so much for turning me on to this company!

LarsMal
04-04-2009, 11:49 PM
I just tried on my bathing suits. It was quite the sight, considering I'm due in 3 weeks. Everything is a rough approximation at this point, but I am pretty sure that 2 of the suits will end up working really well. 1 other probably would have worked quite well, too, I just couldn't justify another $50 for a suit.

I have to say, their sale section is quite good. I ended up getting a suit that was only $5 more than the Target suit I had been looking at, and this one appears to be much better made. Thanks so much for turning me on to this company!

How did you end up choosing a size? I just got another catalog this week and there are two suits I really want to try. I just have no idea what size to order- especially since my boobs are already huge (for me) and will only be bigger once bathing suit season rolls around!

I have been going back and forth between ordering a nursing suit or the Athleta ones, and I think the halter Athleta tankinis looks like they might work. I just don't know what size to order (I have 27 days left- not that I'm counting!!! ;) )

infomama
04-05-2009, 08:24 AM
I love that catalog. Glad to hear the suits are so great. Bought my last suit in 2006 so I'm up for a new one.

Dcclerk
04-06-2009, 04:44 PM
How did you end up choosing a size? )

We're due very close. :) And, I just guessed based on the past. My history says that I don't get bigger than a full C/small D even in my most bountiful moments, so I wasn't really going to have a problem with falling out. I am carrying this baby straight out, so I didn't figure it would make a big difference in my rear once I have the baby. So, basically, I got my usual size in two tankinis that should allow for nursing and yet cover my elephant skin belly. (lovely mental picture, I know!) I ended up with a halter one and a T-back one. I am hoping that I will someday get to a point where I can where my cute bikinis, but I definitely know that it will not be a reality for this summer...

clc053103
04-07-2009, 09:16 AM
I too am dying to order my first Athleta!!! Anyone have any sizing advice? I am a 36C which would be a 2 top, but I am concerned b/c I am long torsoed and also size up in bathing suits like a prior poster said.

anyone want to share what style of suit they bought/are buying? I can't make up my mind but definitely want a tankini style.