PDA

View Full Version : Darn Turbo Tax

alien_host
03-16-2009, 04:07 PM
So this year we have to file in two states for the first time. I bought my Turbo Tax at Costco and you get one state free. I just looked at downloading a second state and it's $39.99!

The website says it's $34.99 but when I click through my Turbo Tax program they want $39.99. What a rip off!

Anyone else going through this? I HATE Tax Time!

ha98ed14
03-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I have used turbo tax for the past 8 years. I have also moved several times and had to file in two states. What I did was use Turbo tax to file the more complicated of the 2 states and then filed the easier state just doing it myself. Basic example: If you earned a total of $100K and Turbo tax reports $60K in your AB state return, you know that the other $40 was earned in State BC. Granted, the hyears I did this, I had very simple taxes and no investments to other than a savings accounts. This year, it got complicated because I took a loss on the mutual funds I sold and so I paid H&R Block to figure it out for me. Of course, that was after I had laid out the %68+ for Turbo Tax, and spent the time to enter the info only to discover I was in over my head... I also HATE doing my taxes.

infocrazy
03-16-2009, 04:35 PM
We have to do two states and have found the same thing. Yes, annoying! I usually just do the other state by hand. For me it is just investments so it is pretty simple. Sucks all the same though!