PDA

View Full Version : Uppababy Vista - is it OK that the seat doesn't come to a fully upright position?

anng
03-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi,
For those of you that have the Uppababy Vista or another stroller with a seat that doesn't come fully upright - is this much of a problem. I have almost decided on this stroller, but this is the one thing that I am worried about.

Thanks so much!

Ann Marie

edurnemk
03-18-2009, 02:05 PM
I have the Vista and at first I was worried that my baby would hate the angle of the seat, but once he got used to it there was no problem at all. when he wants to look out he pulls himself forward using the bumper bar. I still wish it had a fully upright, but all the plus features of this stroller outweight this con, IMO.

mdmom2b
03-18-2009, 10:51 PM
I'll be interested to hear what other people think...I really liked the Vista to begin with but the fact that the seat didn't recline or come up fully really bothered me. I thought It was too expensive of a stroller to have features I iwasn't totally happy with! But I know alot of people are very happy with it!

alirebco
03-18-2009, 11:27 PM
We haven't had any issues with it and DS is almost 15 months. We didn't need it to recline all the way in the beginning because we had the basinnett that was flat. And DS doesn't need to be perfectly upright. He'll pull himself up if he wants to look at something.

maydaymommy
03-19-2009, 10:07 PM
DS is almost 2, I've been using the UppaBaby Vista for over a year now as my main stroller.

I was concerned about the incline when he was sitting up at first, but I think it is no problem. Also, the way it reclines is great for him. In fact, it is the only stroller, other than an infant seat, that he was every willing to sleep in. I even tilted him back today after not doing so for some time and he thought it was annoying at first, and then he liked it & was cozy in there for a while.

I had far more problems with him sitting up & staying upright in a BJCM.

AnnieW625
03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
My almost 3 year old doesn't have an issue with it at all. We just bought the stroller two months ago.

Momof3Labs
03-20-2009, 09:21 PM
DS1 hated strollers that didn't sit fully upright - always did. DS2 probably wouldn't have cared.