PDA

View Full Version : Target cribs/gliders

heathertexas80
03-16-2009, 06:37 PM
I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on the target cribs? I'm looking mainly at the Ellis (simplicity) crib. I was able to get close to it in the store fully set up. It looked fairly sturdy and seemed like the wood was fairly hard. Our price range is kind of small we're trying to stay under $300 due to budget issues. They also had a glider that seemed fairly comfortable. Any thoughts?

BuffMel
03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm curious about this crib too. It is Ellis Simplicity at Target. It's so sturdy! I read the Baby Bargains (7th edition) and Simplicity got a "F" rating for cribs due to a 2007 recall of nearly one million Simplicity cribs because two children were killed when the side rails separated from the crib (55 incidents in all). I really want to know if this also applies to the Ellis Simplicity too. I suspect not because then they wouldn't have it at the store.

BuffMel
03-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Just looked at the Target website. There's a similar crib...Canton by Delta. It looks exactly like the Ellis Simplicity. Wonder if that's really the one they're displaying in the store because my store doesn't even have a name tag on the crib so I'm not 100% sure if it's Delta or Ellis. Hope someone will post something for us!

katydid1971
03-17-2009, 06:24 PM
I bought my crib 4 years ago and I've had no problems with it. I've used it with both my DS and now DD.

widepanic6
03-21-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure if the Ellis Simplicity and Canton by Delta are the same cribs or not. I just bought the Canton and I am VERY pleased with it. I know the Baby Bargains book did not give Delta the best review, but I did some research on my own and felt very comfortable purchasing it. I would definitely recommend it.

DietCokeLover
03-21-2009, 08:55 PM
We have the Ellis Simplicity in cherry and have been very pleased with it. DS is now 16 mos and we've had no issues with it at all. Very sturdy.

Boomn4x4
03-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Just baught and put together the Simplicty Ellis crib about a week ago. For the prices, I'm quite happy with it....

A WORD TO THE WISE HOWEVER!!!!

I also got a matching dresser. A piece was damaged. After several attempted calls and emails to Simplicty, I did some research. Simplicty has recently filed for bankruptcy and has been bought out by another company. I went so far as to look up their websites domain registry and get names and numbers for those that registered the web site domain... all numbers were disconnect.

I contacted target to see if I could get some help contacting them, after being on hold for 15 mins the customer service rep informed me that she was unable to contact anyone from the maufacturer... Looks like getting support for Simplicity products will be impossible.