PDA

View Full Version : Feeling dissed by DH

american_mama
03-16-2009, 11:26 PM
I am trying to sell a baby swing at a consignment sale and foolishly decided late last night to put it together myself. I have asked DH several times over the last few months to put it together to use with your own babe, but Dh never did and now DS is too big for it. Frustration #1.

One and a half hours into the assembly, I am reminded of all the flaws of the swing: the confusing step 13 and 14 with my helpful notation to refer to "the yellow sheet" (now lost), how the swings manufactured the week before mine were recalled, the fact that the instructions only work 100% the FIRST time it's assembled. After that, a bracket becomes permanently snapped into place, making several other assembly steps deviate from the instructions and become MUCH harder. And I cannot find my ONE Phillips head screwdriver, even though I had it days before, and where did I lose my other two, anyway? Frustrations #2-10, at least.

I am not handy. Assembling this is hard for me. I used to be organized, but it's been a downward slide for years and the missing screwdrivers make me feel like crap. I went to bed.

Today, I tackled it again. I get the problems solved and all seems to work except one stupid critical screw... is it stripped? is it my angle? is it me?.... Oh yeah, and the electronic tray toy that came with it isn't working. And my brand new batteries don't seem to be moving the swing too much. After all this time, is this idiotic thing even saleable? Frustrations #11-13.

So, I want DH's take on it. He's pretty good at this stuff. But I deal with kids straight up until 9 pm, watch TV from 9-10, and he falls asleep on the sofa shortly thereafter, but (to be blunt) he's awake enough at 11 pm to ask for sex. So I say can you just look at this screw and he is horrified, can't possibly deal with that at 11 pm, I did it wrong (you bet I like hearing that), he'll fix it tomorrow. I spent over 2.5 hours yesterday and today putting it together (which he knows) and yes, I do want him to fix it, but I also want to understand what, if anything, I did wrong. I suspect he'll reach the same conclusions I did and I'll at least feel good that I got it right. I just want like 5-10 minutes of his time dealing with the swing which I now loathe. But his nasty retort, knowing that I'm not a morning person, is that I should just get up early tomorrow and do it with him then.

Buddy, I won't be "doing it" with you tonight, that's for sure.

niccig
03-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Buddy, I won't be "doing it" with you tonight, that's for sure.

You're DH isn't the only one not "doing it" tonight. After DH dismissed my concerns about DS and schools. I'm done with the superior unhelpful attitude. He can help himself tonight. I took a sleeping pill and will be snoring peacefully in about 20 mins...until then it's the BBB...

Wife_and_mommy
03-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Hopefully he got it fixed for you. :hug:

gatorsmom
03-17-2009, 02:40 PM
You're DH isn't the only one not "doing it" tonight. After DH dismissed my concerns.... I'm done with the superior unhelpful attitude. He can help himself tonight.

ROTFLMAO. Well said. Let them help themselves (can you tell I've dealt with this before too?).

I hope everyone's DHs come around to see the light. (ugh- pun not intended).