PDA

View Full Version : Now MY throat hurts and I don't even GET strep!

lizajane
03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Schuyler had nasty step this weekend and got the shot yesterday to wipe it out. Dylan woke me up at 5am (well, DH did... he probably woke Dylan up, too.) Schuyler was up at 6am throwing up. (I think because he just woke up, was still tired, had the meds from the shot, drank some sweet gatorade too fast, etc.)

but now... MY throat hurts and I am a carrier of strep. I just don't think I will be able to bear it if I get strep for the first time in my life this week. It is just TOO MUCH!!!!

STOP THE EFFING SICK ALREADY!!!

MAMA HAS STUFF TO DO!!!

caleymama
03-17-2009, 09:15 AM
:hug:

Fingers crossed that you don't get it! And that you DO get a break from the sickies very, very soon.

DD1 had strep two weekends ago. Complained of a sore throat Friday morning, but was otherwise ok...went to school...went to a girl scout even Friday night and by the end of it was just wiped out, but I figured she was tired since it was 2 hrs past her bedtime. Wrong! She woke up Saturday morning with an awful sore throat and 102+ fever. DH had a feeling it was strep so I took her to the ped and sure enough the rapid test was positive. My throat was scratchy the next day but it never materialized into anything and DD2 & DH never got it. DD1 was better the next day after just 2-3 doses of amoxicillin and went to school that Monday.

At the bus stop yesterday a neighbor told me that there's a stomach bug going around at school (her DD is the same grade as mine and they sit together on the bus) and I said "lalalalala I can't heaaaaar you." I just don't. want. to. think. about. it. period.

lizajane
03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
:hug:

Fingers crossed that you don't get it! And that you DO get a break from the sickies very, very soon.

DD1 had strep two weekends ago. Complained of a sore throat Friday morning, but was otherwise ok...went to school...went to a girl scout even Friday night and by the end of it was just wiped out, but I figured she was tired since it was 2 hrs past her bedtime. Wrong! She woke up Saturday morning with an awful sore throat and 102+ fever.

Schuyler got lucky- he didn't get a sore throat. i hope he got my genes and won't get it like my sister does!!!