PDA

View Full Version : ISO double AT or jog stroller for 3YO and NB

tlw
03-17-2009, 04:56 PM
We live in the city and this will be my only double stroller. It will be used primarily for walks in our neighborhood, going to the park, the zoo, outdoorsy types of trips. Mostly bumpy sidewalks, and bad city streets, not trail use or off-roading. It will also be used occassionally on the subway. I can't justify a $500 stroller, but maybe I could find a nice one used. Any recommendations would be most appreciated!

p.s. The double thing confuses me. Are these made only for twins or for folks like me with children who are of differing ages?

Thanks~

WatchingThemGrow
03-17-2009, 04:59 PM
this one should be pretty decent for all you described except the subway http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-swivel-city-elite-series-double-black-black-.html - not quite $500. It has suspension to make the bumpiness better. I have the same one.

MamaKath
03-17-2009, 07:11 PM
I would look for a sale on a Mountain Buggy or Baby Jogger. The one watchingthemgrow posted is a great deal.

AnnieW625
03-18-2009, 04:50 PM
We plan on getting either a Bob Ironman or a Bob Revolution when #2 arrives. The Bob Ironman is $479. We won't be using it on the subway as we live in suburbia (with no subway). We have friends that have both the Ironman, and the Revolution strollers and love them both. We aren't huge runners, but we do like to jog and do an occasional 5K so would prefer something that can be used for running. The Baby Jogger City Elite can't be used for jogging so if you do jog you'll have to use something else.