PDA

View Full Version : I'm supposed to be RELAXING!!!

LarsMal
03-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Instead I'm stressed more than I was when I got myself into this mess last week! After four days of being really good about going between the couch and bed I can't do it anymore! My mom and brother are here, and while they are a big help, my mom is totally stressing me out.

I found out my aunt- who was wonderful last Thurs. night and all day Friday- called my mom and told her the goal was to get my kids on a schedule. Um...WTF?!? My kids ARE on a schedule. Is it a little off right now- yeah. Things aren't normal. Daddy is not home and Mommy can't do 90% of our normal routine. I think my aunt meant well, but the LAST person you should say that to is the woman who thinks she is God's gift to parenthood- my mother!

My kids are very particular about things. They are also very sensitive and don't respond well to mean tones and orders being barked at them. DD likes to be rocked before bed, lights off, door closed. Tonight my mom, who is coming down with a cold and must be tired b/c she does usually rock her, threw her in her crib with just a rub on the back and her bathroom light on. I heard her say, "Now go to sleep". DD was SCREAMING to be rocked- rock the child! I finally went in and lifted her out of the crib (I know, tsk tsk!), rocked her for 2 minutes and she was out cold.

DS threw a 3 1/2 yo fit about having the *wrong* nighttime diaper. He was exhausted. Some routine you're getting them into, Mom, when you tell them for 45 minutes you are taking them to bed, then continue to sit on the couch so you can watch the end of your show. By the time they got to jammies DS was melting. The diaper set him off. Instead of letting him get another diaper, she fought him over it and it dragged out MUCH longer than it needed to. He finally fell asleep, crying, which breaks my heart.

I HATE THIS!!!! I just need to get the all-clear from my OB on Thursday to take it easy, but not confined to bed rest, so I can restore some sort of normalcy in my kids' life. It's just too much for them, and too much for me.

If you got this far- thanks for letting me vent!

**Oh, and trying to discuss this with my mother is not even worth it. Besides having five of her own (and the stubborn Italian personality she possesses!), she's probably had her hand in raising thousands of other kids between all her daycare and preschool owning/operating over the past 35 years. *She* knows best- and don't try to tell her otherwise- makes me crazy!

WitMom
03-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Ummm....wow. Hugs to you. That sounds like it is a HUGE help to you when you need it most. It never ceases to amaze me how people who are not with the children 24/7 insist they know better than the mother who is. I hope you get some needed rest and some good news at your doctor's appointment this week.

shawnandangel
03-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Oh Julie, I am so sorry. I would have rocked my daughter and been sad my son fell asleep crying too. You're their mama of course you have these feelings. I don't have any advice, just hugs and prayers for you.

justincase
03-18-2009, 06:53 AM
P&PT to you for good news on Thursday! The tears from the DC's would break my heart, too -- you know they are already feeling that things are not at their usual status. Will they come to you for extra snuggles on the couch?

maestramommy
03-18-2009, 07:05 AM
:hug::hug:It's so hard for little ones when their routine is off, even the not so sensitive ones. Hope you have good news Thursday!

jgenie
03-18-2009, 08:51 AM
:hug5: Hope you get good news tomorrow.

JTsMom
03-18-2009, 09:07 AM
P&PT to you for good news on Thursday! The tears from the DC's would break my heart, too -- you know they are already feeling that things are not at their usual status. Will they come to you for extra snuggles on the couch?:yeahthat: I'm sorry they aren't being more truly helpful. Let's just hope for great news on Thursday. :hug: