PDA

View Full Version : Getting double - keep single?

longstocking
03-17-2009, 09:47 PM
With new baby coming we are making the big double stroller purchase. Did you keep your single stroller or just have the double be your only one? I'm indecisive if I want to get rid of my beloved Mac Techno XLR - it's only a year old - well two since I bought a 2007 in 2008 - anyway. I know it would probably get a pretty god price on Ebay - still have manuel, and all accessories in good condition. My hubby thinks it would be more useful to give to his sister who is due a month before us. Um - she lives on the opposite coast than us - don't know how we would get it to her in the first place.
Is there a point in keeping our single - my thought is in case we want to carry baby in the carrier and just have to push one baby. It does seem like a lot to store though when we are in a small apartment as it is.

bubbaray
03-17-2009, 09:49 PM
I'd sell the Techno and get a single with an integrated toddler step like the P3 or Zippy (or Chicco C1 if you can still find one).

WatchingThemGrow
03-17-2009, 10:05 PM
We kept our single even when we bought a double b/c we sometimes traveled with one/both kids in a carrier and alternated them through the stroller for naps. There will also be a time when your older will be walking and you'll still need a stroller for the young one - or when you or DH just takes one DC out for an errand. Doubles are just so bulky.

KrisM
03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I use the single more than the double. I find the double is best for trips to the zoo and stuff, but it's easier to have DS1 walk, push DD, and wear DS2 for most things. The double takes up most of my trunk space and the single is much nicer to store in there.

leelers
03-18-2009, 10:51 AM
I'd definately keep the single, especially if you really like it. The doubles are so bulky and hard to steer. I did the carrier thing and kept the toddler in a stroller sometimes, sometimes for places my husband and I both went we took two singles, and eventually your toddler will want to walk and not ride and may be too heavy to ride in some strollers before long (except the Maclarens - I love my Techno too).

AnnieW625
03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
I'd keep it as you never know when you might only need it for just one child.

alirebco
03-18-2009, 03:39 PM
I'd keep it as you never know when you might only need it for just one child.

Ditto. I'd definitely keep especially since it's a Mac since in a couple years, you're most likely be using that as your older one will want to walk everywhere.

first_timer
03-18-2009, 05:02 PM
I'd definitely keep it too for all of the reasons pps mentioned.
I just sold a few strollers and bought a new double, but I kept my Mac Quest and I can't imagine being without it.