PDA

View Full Version : Leapfrog TAG

KrisM
03-18-2009, 11:01 AM
I know people here have these. How do you/your kids like them? Are they worth it? Will it help DS learn to read? He really wants to read and is picking up words. He wants to go through books word by word, and we do that at times, but with 3 kids it doesn't happen as often as he or I would like.

There are coupons out for the system and books now, so I was wondering if I should get him a set for his birthday.

hillview
03-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I know people here have these. How do you/your kids like them? Are they worth it? Will it help DS learn to read? He really wants to read and is picking up words. He wants to go through books word by word, and we do that at times, but with 3 kids it doesn't happen as often as he or I would like.

There are coupons out for the system and books now, so I was wondering if I should get him a set for his birthday.

Hi we have one for my 3.5 year old DS. He thinks it is ok. It is more of a toy then a learning tool. I don' think it helps you read but might help you work more with words (keep your attention longer etc).

caheinz
03-20-2009, 12:27 AM
DS! has had one since the twins arrived. He loves it, in spurts. He likes to have it read the whole book to him, but then he plays all the games in the back of the book, which involve reading and pre-reading activities.

He's going to get the flashcards as a birthday present from his brothers. I'm hoping they'll be a hit, too!