PDA

View Full Version : Deals on Pea Pod Plus?

DietCokeLover
03-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Anyone know of any great deals out there? We bought one a couple of months ago for DD and she loves it. Problem is.... Little brother loves it too! I'm thinking we might need to find one for him now. I'm not in a big hurry to find one, but if a great deal came along I would probably snag it.

Melaine
03-19-2009, 09:55 AM
I was wondering if you ended up trying this. Have you used it just for going places or at home too? I'm intrigued....how long do you think your DD will be able to use it? I'm wondering if it is a good replacement for traveling with the pack 'n plays. I'm also wondering if my DDs would freak out when I zipped 'em in there!

DietCokeLover
03-19-2009, 01:20 PM
We love it!!! I could see us getting at least another 2+ years out of it for DD. We have not traveled with it yet, but we have used it at home to see if she was going to like it and have let her nap in it at home. I think she thinks of it as something really neat and cozy. She doesn't mind the zipping in part, but she has a crib tent on her crib too, so she is used to being zipped in something. We've also just set it up and let the kids play in it as a tent sometimes. They like dragging all their stuffed animals in there with them and playing.

I'm wishing that we had bought these instead of pack n plays. I can't believe how much easier to transport these are going to be instead of the heavy, bulky, pack n plays.

Highly recommend them!

jwozy
03-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Just wanted to say that we have had a pea pod since my kids were 18 months and absolutely love them. When they were 2 we upgraded to peapod plus. The kiddos will be 5 in May and my dd still uses hers and can probably be comfortable in in for another year. My ds is too long for it but he still loves to curl up in his and use it for play. We've taken ours on our travels, even overseas and they worked great.

Mine never freaked out about being zipped in it, and now that they are older we sometimes leave the door open. I always highly recommend them to anyone who ask, great investment.

03-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Are these good for little ones? We're hoping to go camping with our newborn this summer but are looking for a safe place for her to sleep.

Thanks,

Christine W

Melaine
04-06-2009, 08:13 AM
BUMP.....please someone find me a super deal on the peapod plus....

aliciamt7
04-06-2009, 09:38 AM
What's the difference between the regular Peapod and the Plus? Kohl's has the regular Peapod on sale for $60. And if you have a Kohl's charge card, you can add another 30% off plus free shipping. Use these codes (good until 4/7)

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/baby/gear/playards/PRD~162838/KidCo+PeaPod+Travel+Bed.jsp

30% off: APRTAKE30
Free shipping: MVC9367

You can use both on the order. Total comes out to $42 plus tax.

lowrioh
04-06-2009, 09:52 AM
The Peapod plus is larger so you can use it longer.

mamaoftwins
04-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Currently at $34 and dropping. The regular is birth through 1 year, I believe. HTH someone!

http://www.babyearth.com/baby-sale

Swimfreak78
04-06-2009, 07:17 PM
We Love our Peapod Plus. We got ours at Safe Beginnings (http://www.safebeginnings.com/WebComponents/Catalog/Public/showproduct.asp?id=848&cat=On%2Dthe%2DGo) plus we got a 15% discount so it worked out to about $76 with free shipping. Email me - there are discount codes at safe beginnings, try looking on your health insurance site for them. PM if you have any questions. We used our Pod last year on the boat and have used it several times this year. Much more portable than the PnP. :bighand:

Alison

P.S. We first used our Pea Pod Plus when DS was 6 weeks old. We just used it without the sleeping bag last year.

malphy
04-09-2009, 07:41 AM
They sell them at Buybuybaby $89.99 and you can use the bed bath and beyond 20% coupon.

That would be the best deal if one is near you so you do not have to pay shipping.

hth