PDA

View Full Version : rei member codes...how often?

neeleymartin
03-19-2009, 11:51 AM
just became a member and got 20% my new bob duallie. cha-ching!!!

want to buy an infant car seat adapter. a friend told me that she heard that they do a 20% once a month. i think it sounds too good to be true. perhaps you can shed some light on the subject.

should order the adapter w/out the coupon? also, got a coupon for 15% OFF an rei or novara item. could i try it with the bob adapter, or are they tricky? tia

egoldber
03-19-2009, 12:00 PM
They do the 20% any one full price item pretty regularly these days, much more frequently than they used to. It could easily by one a month, although I have never kept track. It used to be only once or twice a year.

Also, don't forget to check the outlet on-line. Often great deals and there is free shipping to your local store. :)

neeleymartin
03-19-2009, 12:06 PM
just went on rei.com (bought the duallie in store), and it let me use the member code AGAIN!! that's another 20% off. yippee. i guess online is different from in store purchases.

canada
03-19-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm not 100% certain about this but I think being a member, you saved an additional 10% on your BOB because all regulary-priced purchases are eligible for a 10% dividend payment given out in March each year.

If you have the REI Visa card, you get an additional 5% rebate on ALL REI purchases, including clearance.

For Regularly-priced items with REI visa:
20% coupon + 10% dividend + 5% rebate + Ebates/FW/etc. % rebate = a good chunk in savings.

How is the Member Refund Calculated?
As a member, you'll get back a percentage of the money you spend at REI-every year! REI's goal is to return an annual refund of up to 10% to our members. In 2007, REI returned 10% of the dollar amount of members' eligible* purchases. For example, a member who purchased $500 in eligible merchandise in 2007 received a refund of $50 (10% of $500**). Since 1938, REI has never failed to return a dividend to its members.

*Purchases not eligible: sale/clearance items (prices ending in $._9 or $._3), gift cards, certificates, services, fees, travel and REI Outdoor School classes and outings.

**Purchases prior to 2008 made with credit cards other

WatchingThemGrow
03-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I was in REI last night picking up our Burley wheel again and getting a wardrobe to let DH try on. He's SOOOOOOOOOO picky-grrr.

The checkout guy was telling a potential member that the 20% off coupons come out 4x/year now. That sounded about right to me.

ETA: Remember to go through ebates for an extra 3% off!!!