PDA

View Full Version : FP toolbench "lyrics" - pls help!

justincase
03-19-2009, 01:45 PM
All this week, DS has been gleefully singing a new song over and over and over again... LOUDLY. While his speech is normally 100% comprehensible (to us), we couldn't catch more than a couple of words here and there despite being able to sing it ourselves in our sleep at this point. When pressed for where he learned it, he first answered "at school" and then "on a toy in the baby room at school". (His daycare is closed for spring break or I would have just asked them there!) We googled the bits and pieces that we could understand, and figured out that it must be the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Toolbench. Anyone out there own this toy and want to supply me the full lyrics of the song it sings about "tapping, turning too" and "yellow, red, and blue"? Save DH and me from the brink of insanity! :)

infocrazy
03-19-2009, 02:35 PM
You're testing me since I'm at work but it's...

Spinning, *something*, tapping, turning too. With your tool bench, there's so much to do. You can learn your colors, like yellow, red, and blue! ABCs, 123s...something else just for you!

justincase
03-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Ahh, yes, thank you, that's better. The pieces are falling into place. Of course, when I asked DS if this is what he was singing, he laughed hysterically, said, "No, mommy, it's..." and proceeded to launch back into his own incomprehensible version.

OK, now the embarrassing part... what DH and I had talked ourselves into thinking he was singing before we tried looking it up or even knew it was from a toy. You know how you had your own version of song lyrics that you just knew were correct when you were a kid and sang at the top of your lungs (my personal fave: "Big Old Jed Had A Light On" instead of "...Jet Airliner")? We thought he was singing a song about a bird: "Pretty birdy flying, climbing..." and then something about "with your plumage" instead of "toolbench" (why we thought a kids' song would have PLUMAGE in it?!) and then "your striking colors, like yellow, red and blue..." The funny part is that DS was more agreeable to our version than the real one! :)

TonFirst
03-19-2009, 11:40 PM
"Spinning, *something*, tapping, turning too. With your tool bench, there's so much to do. You can learn your colors, like yellow, red, and blue! ABCs, 123s...something else just for you!"

Here's what I think it is:

"Pulling, sliding, tapping, turning too! With your toolbench, there's so much to do! You'll learn shapes and colors, like yellow, orange, and bluuuuuuuuue, ABCs and 123s and music just for you!"

ETA that I know it isn't, but the woman singing the song sounds sort of like Amy Adams.