PDA

View Full Version : Kids flying into USA without parents (with grandparents)

khalloc
03-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Help! We are taking a family vacation to Aruba in April. My parents are coming and they are going to take our 2 kids back to Boston with them after a week so DH and I can enjoy another 5 days on our own (yay!). We are all US citizens, and the kids do have their passports, but what other paperwork do we need to have so that they are allowed to fly out of Aruba without us (their parents). I have heard that form 1 & 3 on this site http://www.globetrektravel.com/minortravelforms.pdf will do it. Plus have them notorized.

Does anyone know from experience? Thanks!

chessie
03-19-2009, 07:16 PM
I have flown a few times without my husband that they ask for a notorized form to show that he is aware I'm taking the child out of the country. The first time, I had no idea, but they just let me go and asked that he faxed a statement to me when I bring the child back into the country (?). I don't remember the details, but we pretty much just typed the name of the child, when and where he's going and contact info. We also got it notorized at Bank of America for free. One time we didn't have all the information typed, and we had to redo it, but otherwise, it's pretty painfree. The form you have attached looks pretty complete.

ahrimie
03-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Maybe policies have changed since I was a kid... (especially post-911?) but I never needed forms going in and out of the country with my grandparents. But I guess it'd be better to be prepared and have it though.