PDA

View Full Version : Is there a car seat stroller that can push one handed?

lilye13
03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi all,
Baby 3, a boy, has arrived and we are dusting off all of our stuff from DS1 born in 2003 and am wondering after the day out today trying to manouver our Universal Car Seat stroller - which I use with out Graco Safe seat-and keep a hand on my two year old I quickly realized that I have a problem.
It doesn't push one handed well at all- for instance trying to get through a door, goodness no way I could hold door with one hand and push stoller through. Don't remember having this problem before but then again things are different now.
I have loved this $40 essential piece of baby gear with DS1 and DD but now I'm not feeling the love so much.
So it crossed my mind if there was actually a one of these car seat stroller frame thingy's that work better out there now. Any ideas? Thanks!

AnnieW625
03-19-2009, 06:23 PM
You might try the Maclaren Easy Traveller. One of their selling points is that their strollers are easy to push. I haven't tried this stroller so I don't knowhow it does.

WatchingThemGrow
03-19-2009, 11:27 PM
my criteria for our new lightweight double was that it pushes with one hand - so I can hold DD's hand and push the other two. The BJ City Mini works for that!

bubbaray
03-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Maybe your stroller frame needs some maintenance? Try spraying the wheel joints with silicone spray (not WD-40)

meme9300
03-20-2009, 07:19 AM
I was always able to push my Graco Snugrider one handed even when the car seat got to the weight limit! I loved it!

ahrimie
03-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Yes, I love the one hand push feature in any stroller. I have the Bugaboo Bee and Cameleon and can do it for both. I know those are much pricier though but they both take the Graco carseat too.

AnnieW625
03-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Maybe your stroller frame needs some maintenance? Try spraying the wheel joints with silicone spray (not WD-40)

Where do you get silicone spray? DH has always used gun oil, but that has a consistency like WD-40.

bubbaray
03-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Automotive supply shops and some baby stores sell it too.

lilye13
03-20-2009, 02:12 PM
my criteria for our new lightweight double was that it pushes with one hand - so I can hold DD's hand and push the other two. The BJ City Mini works for that!

Question for ya- know it's dumb but does it take a car seat? When would you be able to put baby in it?
thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
03-20-2009, 02:22 PM
The BJ City strollers take babies from birth b/c they recline almost completely flat. There is an adapter, but I'm not familiar with it b/c we just put them directly into the stroller. We have an adapter for our Bugaboo, but it doesn't get much use at all.

salsah
03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Where do you get silicone spray? DH has always used gun oil, but that has a consistency like WD-40.

i found it at osh (huge selection). i think that any hardware store should have it too.

lilye13
03-20-2009, 06:47 PM
The BJ City strollers take babies from birth b/c they recline almost completely flat. There is an adapter, but I'm not familiar with it b/c we just put them directly into the stroller. We have an adapter for our Bugaboo, but it doesn't get much use at all.

Thanks... I am thinking that we it may be worth investigating either a really good double that *takes* a car seat or even a good single ( with a step even) that will take a car seat also. There is so much great stuff out there now compared to '03 but don't want to get something that we won't use that much esp. since this is out last kiddo.:>

GraceH
03-20-2009, 11:39 PM
I may be odd, but I have no problems pushing my Graco Mosaic stroller - it's a glorified umbrella stroller that takes a car seat for ~$100
Also, if worse comes to worse, put the car seat handle back and pull it from the front

lilye13
04-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks! Gonna get some spray and hopefully that will help! We were out again last night and it was hard to push it and hold phone to find hubby who had parked somewhere with the sleeping kids after dropping me and baby off at Target. I kept trying to use my midlle to push it. Just not sure if I can justify getting *another* car seat carrier, say the Graco one. Still not sure where we are on the doubles. DD is a walker but also a wanderer and well into her terrible two's so 'confining' here is sometimes necessary especially when I am out alone. But ultimately we may end up using one stroller for Baby 3 more and now i am thinking we DEFINITELY need a good one that pushes one handed for sure! *sigh*
so many things to think about.......
Thanks for all the help though!

codex57
04-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Any hardware store has it. I've looked in Home Depot and Lowes. You might want to ask someone there which one they recommend. There are a LOT. Not just silicone vs not silicone. It's kinda crazy.

We used the Bug adaptor a ton. However, it's less than half the cost of the BJCMD adaptor. That's just crazy. $90 for an adaptor? That's about as much as a Graco infant seat. It's just a stupid bar. I can see Bug charging that much, but that's cuz the stroller costs so much and their adaptor is more complicated. Baby Jogger's price is just obscene, especially when the single stroller is like 1/4th the cost of a Bug Cam.