PDA

View Full Version : BOB Revolution VS. BOB Revolution AW

dub
03-20-2009, 12:18 PM
I need help deciding between the BOB Revolution and the BOB Revolution AW.

An REI rep. told me that the AW stands for "all wheel" and that the AW is better than the regular BOB off-road (hiking, etc.). Is this true?

Are there other benefits to the AW?

Thanks!

PeppyParents
03-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi,

Sorry - with all due respect to the person that was helping you, I think they should stay over at the camping section!

AW stands for "aluminum wheel". The AW version of the BOB Revolution has three 12" wheels.

The regular BOB has black polymer wheels, with 12" in front and 16" in back.

Other than fabric color choice, there is no other difference between the regular BOB Revolution and the BOB Revolution AW.

A main reason for getting the regular version is if you intend to go over rough terrain that the larger wheels would better handle, or if you intend to jog or run. The larger rear wheels are better for running.

A main reason for getting the AW is to shed a pound of weight off the stroller and have a somewhat smaller fold. I know plenty of moms (and dads) that still run with the AW version.

Or if one style appeals better to you, that's another reason.

But for everyday pushing, powerwalking, errands, etc... they're pretty much the same in terms of great push, easy steering, size, etc.

I hope that helps!

purpelina
03-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi,

Other than fabric color choice, there is no other difference between the regular BOB Revolution and the BOB Revolution AW.

I SOOOOO whish that BOB 12 came in pink/chocolate combo! I would've bought it in a heartbeat. Reg. BOb just feels too large for me, and I don't run :)
Anyway, peppyparents put it together beautifully, best explanation you'll find :)

MCsMom
03-24-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't run, but I like to go to the park a lot ;)
I was torn between the 2 BOBs and I was convinces I wanted the AW.
What changed my mind : we like going to the beach and the polymer wheels are supposed to handle the sea air better.
I have the Navy. I wish it came in Red/Black.
Our other stroller is the BJCM.
DH, DD and I love them both.

neeleymartin
03-25-2009, 12:09 AM
What changed my mind : we like going to the beach and the polymer wheels are supposed to handle the sea air better.

this is why we went with the polymer wheels as well. also the aluminum wheels get a weirdo corroded look over time. not rust, just weirdo graying/white pitty marks. yucky.

also, the rear wheels on the non aw are a bit larger (16" ads opposed to 12")
makes for a smoother ride and easier up down curbs, stairs, etc. also better for running which i am not doing, but great to have the option should i decide to take up the sport. hth

PeppyParents
03-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I have the Navy. I wish it came in Red/Black.
Our other stroller is the BJCM.
DH, DD and I love them both.

It may be too late, but for what it's worth, BOB makes a Stroller Strides version of the BOB Revolution. And... it's red.

It comes with a few additional accessories, but it's otherwise the identical stroller to the normal Revolution.

http://www.bobgear.com/strollers/stroller_accessories.php?product_id=6

Now comes the part on figuring out how to convince your DH that you should sell the Navy one and get the Red! :)

MCsMom
03-31-2009, 01:53 AM
It may be too late, but for what it's worth, BOB makes a Stroller Strides version of the BOB Revolution. And... it's red.

It comes with a few additional accessories, but it's otherwise the identical stroller to the normal Revolution.

http://www.bobgear.com/strollers/stroller_accessories.php?product_id=6

Now comes the part on figuring out how to convince your DH that you should sell the Navy one and get the Red! :)

WAAH!
When did this come out? I so missed the boat on this one...
DH might laugh at me but he is all for selling what you have to get what you want next. Maybe it will work.
Thanks for the heads up!
RED!

MCsMom
03-31-2009, 02:00 AM
also, the rear wheels on the non aw are a bit larger (16" ads opposed to 12")
makes for a smoother ride and easier up down curbs, stairs, etc. also better for running which i am not doing, but great to have the option should i decide to take up the sport. hth

Amen to the smooth ride.
Even if I sometimes have a hard time getting up into the back of our Durango (so not my choice but who am I to say no to a hand me down and I am 5'2), I still LOVE LOVE LOVE how it feels...:thumbsup: