PDA

View Full Version : Gortons fish-

elaineandmichaelsmommy
03-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I know it's lent so my standards are pretty low on friday nights. But really-could your lemon pepper fish look any less like fish? It's perfectly square and gray in color. Honestly i'm beginning to understand why some people take advantage of the "it's lent let's go to red lobster for dinner "mentality.

I miss pepperoni pizza on friday nights. Takeout chinese too.

Fairy
03-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I know it's lent so my standards are pretty low on friday nights. But really-could your lemon pepper fish look any less like fish? It's perfectly square and gray in color. Honestly i'm beginning to understand why some people take advantage of the "it's lent let's go to red lobster for dinner "mentality.

I miss pepperoni pizza on friday nights. Takeout chinese too.

How about takeout Chinese with shrimp! Or veggie fried rice? Or egg foo young (not my fave, tho)? Lots of options there, I'd think?

dotgirl
03-20-2009, 08:43 PM

I thought that when I saw them! I was like, 'Wow. It's like they just scooped out the insides of fishsticks and formed them in to patties'.

Hopefully they taste better than they look?

maestramommy
03-20-2009, 09:19 PM
The Gorton's fishsticks are really good though! The kids love 'em (of course, they have MSG), and I thought they weren't bad myself.

DrSally
03-21-2009, 12:12 AM
YEah, the unbreaded Gorton's looks pretty unnatural. I miss my old grocery store that had a fish counter where they deep fried real haddock. It was sooo good, and for $5. I used to like the McDonald's fish filets, but now I'm getting sick of them and have a hard time stomaching them. Culvers has a really good Walleye fish sandwhich, but its a bit expensive for fast food.

TonFirst
03-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Cheese pizza is where it's at for us during lent.

Perhaps the Gorton's ad people should consider the tagline:

Gorton's Fish Cubes For Lent: That's Why They Call It Sacrifice!

jgenie
03-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Gorton's Fish Cubes For Lent: That's Why They Call It Sacrifice!

:ROTFLMAO:

We eat bean tostadas most Fridays during Lent. By the time you pile them with cheese, lettuce, tomato and hot sauce you don't realize they're missing the meat!!

jenmcadams
03-23-2009, 12:15 PM
For really good, easy to prepare fish, I swear by all of the different frozen varieties at Costco

khm
03-23-2009, 06:23 PM
For really good, easy to prepare fish, I swear by all of the different frozen varieties at Costco

The chipoltle, lime encrusted Tilapia is da-bomb. We always buy extra because we're afraid they'll stop carrying it at any time. ;)

MartiesMom2B
03-23-2009, 07:45 PM
That just sounds really gross.

jenmcadams
03-23-2009, 08:20 PM
The chipoltle, lime encrusted Tilapia is da-bomb. We always buy extra because we're afraid they'll stop carrying it at any time. ;)

This one is my favorite...reminds me I need to add it to the list for my next Costco trip

neeleymartin
03-23-2009, 08:24 PM
we love the "cod sticks: from trader joe's. they are crispy and delicious. fish snobs here and the cod sticks are a pretty good quicky option to keep in the freezer. cheap and no junk additives.

MamaMolly
03-23-2009, 10:39 PM
we love the "cod sticks: from trader joe's. they are crispy and delicious. fish snobs here and the cod sticks are a pretty good quicky option to keep in the freezer. cheap and no junk additives.

Hmmmmmm. I need to try these again. Last time we had them they were very, very bready and chewy. Blech. Maybe they've changed the recipe?