PDA

View Full Version : Have a Bjorn, but looking for a 2nd carrier

L'sMommy
03-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I have a Bjorn, which I love, but I would like to find a sling to carry DS in the cradle position. He likes the upright bjorn position, but I'm thinking I can work better (do stuff around the house) when he's in the cradle position. Plus, he's at the stage when he likes to be carried around all the time and he doesn't always care for the upright position, though once he's in the bjorn he goes to sleep in it. What is the most comfy sling out there for the cradle position? DS is 10 weeks old and is 10 lbs right now.

jenny
03-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Have you considered a ring sling like the maya gently padded wrap sling?

L'sMommy
03-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Anyone have a My Baby Nest wrap carrier? Are they comfy?

hobie
03-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Wraps are very comfy to wear, and so versitile, because you can position the baby many differnt ways. Wrapsody is very nice.

Nechums
03-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Many people on this board would recommend the Moby Wrap. I've never used it, but I use a very similar product, which I love and use everyday -- the Baby K'tan. It can be worn in multiple positions (including those of the Bjorn), it fits into a diaper bag, it's comfortable and easy to put on and extremely supportive. I don't feel that I'm carrying 18 extra pounds (it's good until 40 pounds). The one drawback to the Moby is that, since it's sized, it probably can't be worn by both you and DH; you'd have to get two seperate ones.

JacksMommy
03-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Any wrap would be great. Moby, Wrapsody, Baby Ktan, etc.

I personally love a pouch for an upright cradle carry, like the Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Pouches, since they are great for hip carry, too, as your little one gets older!