PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with my Kiddio-Kettler. Advice?

elektra
03-22-2009, 10:14 AM
I went with the Kiddi-o by Kettler trike for DD's 2nd birthday. This is the exact one http://www.amazon.com/Kiddi-o-KETTLER-Supreme-Stroller-Removable/dp/B00113HRJW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1237730651&sr=8-3
I didn't do a ton of research but it seems like people were happy with this one.
My problem is that the back wheels don't really turn or steer at all but I can't find anywhere in the directions that explain how that is supposed to work. I do have the little black lever (with the picture of the hand on it) pushed forward as the directions say it should be in stroller mode.
I'm just a little bummed because I might have gotten something a bit different if this is how the steering really is (basically something cheaper but still with a pushbar that isn't quite the monstrosity that this one is)
Is there something I can do to adjust it?
Also, the whole pushbar canopy thing is loose and gets crooked. DH says he can't tighten it but I'm not sure if he's really tried. Is this just how it is?
And then the last thing is the little air valve in the front tire hits the frame as the wheel turns around and the valve passes through that part. I did let some air out which seemed to help but it still hits it.

elliput
03-22-2009, 12:49 PM
The steering on these trikes is more for guidance than true stroller type steering, and has a bit of a learning curve to get used to. I found it was really easy to over steer sometimes.

brittone2
03-22-2009, 02:59 PM
We've been really happy w/ our Kiddio, but it is the Supertrike 4, which I don't think is being made/carried anymore? I don't know for sure. We bought ours about 3 years ago now and it looks great after lots of use by our two kids. It was hard to find for a while, then popped up again, and then I think disappeared. So we love ours, but it is a different model.

elektra
03-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks you guys. I think we'll all be happy once I get used to the steering. Good to know it's more of a guidance thing. :)