PDA

View Full Version : gentlest detergent for newborn?

barbara
03-22-2009, 11:27 AM
not sure what the right board is for this question, but hopefully someone can help me out. expecting in a few weeks and want to know what baby laundry soap is best? want the most gentle, natural product. one of my friends recommends cal-ben's seafoam, anyone hear of this? any other recommendations appreciated too!

vludmilla
03-22-2009, 12:16 PM
I don't know about cal-ben but anything that is completely free to dyes and fragrances would be good. I absolutely love Charlie's soap (www.charliesoap.com) and it has no fragrance and is biodegradable.

elliput
03-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Just about any free and clear detergent will work. A specific "baby" formula is generally not necessary.

When DD was a baby, I used All Free and Clear and had been long before she came along. About a year ago, we switched to 7th Generation Free and Clear. I use this on DS's clothes and diapers. All of his clothes get washed with the other laundry.

SnuggleBuggles
03-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I use either Seventh generation or Method free and clear. Some people use vinegar in place of fabric softener. ETA- we wash all of our clothes together.

Beth

Swimfreak78
03-22-2009, 04:47 PM
We use Arm & Hammer - works fine and is often on SALE

jren
03-24-2009, 01:58 PM
We just make sure it's a "free & clear". Also I do an extra rinse cycle b/c my washer is HE front-loader and I noticed that any residue left on the clothes will give DS a rash.

HIU8
03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
I usually buy All Free and Clear. The Tide free and clear makes DD's excema flare up. I have not tried seventh generation, but I have seen it at Target and may try it.

jenny
03-24-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't know if soap does as good a job of getting out stains as detergent. But of course, some stains are just hard to get out, like poop and formula spit up.

Sagan
03-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I use Jenny's Simply Clean. It's great for getting out stains, including poop stains, and my daughter's drool rash disappeared when I switched from Tide. http://www.simplycleanok.com/:thumbsup: