PDA

View Full Version : This is my 5th upper respiratory infection of the season

lizajane
03-22-2009, 04:46 PM
FIVE TIMES. five. that is one per month. WHO GETS SICK THAT MUCH??

(no, that does not include the 2 straight weeks of vomiting.)

ThreeofUs
03-22-2009, 05:30 PM
er... someone whose immune system is undermined due to a recently diagnosed gluten intolerance?

:) Here's hoping you feel better soon!

lizajane
03-22-2009, 06:00 PM
er... someone whose immune system is undermined due to a recently diagnosed gluten intolerance?

:) Here's hoping you feel better soon!

i hope that is the reason so it will stop!! thanks for your note. :)

bubbaray
03-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Could it be a sinus infection that has become chronic and is not clearing up??? I had a SI last year for SIX months. It was horrible.

Alternatively, could it be allergies??

lizajane
03-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Could it be a sinus infection that has become chronic and is not clearing up??? I had a SI last year for SIX months. It was horrible.

Alternatively, could it be allergies??

nah, i haven't had seasonal allergies in years. plus i have chills, body aches, total body involvement... snot is clear, no sinus infection. and lungs were clear (went to the doc in a box) so no brochitis. just plain sick. again. and tomorrow is schuyler's 6th birthday. poo.

PS whiiiiiiiine.

MamaMolly
03-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Go ahead and whiiiiiiiiiine! Sounds like you need it. And a huuuuuuuuuuug :grouphug: so here it is!

Hey, have you gone over to www.kidswithfoodallergies.com ? I know there are a lot of GF/celiac folks there. Might be another resource... oh, and cherrybrook cake mixes are yum. Been meaning to tell you that, too!

I was wondering if you have a mold problem in your house that could be causing the cold symptoms? I'm super sensitive to it and it causes sinus infection like symptoms for me. Anyway, hope you get to feeling better soon!

lizajane
03-22-2009, 09:25 PM
I was wondering if you have a mold problem in your house that could be causing the cold symptoms? I'm super sensitive to it and it causes sinus infection like symptoms for me. Anyway, hope you get to feeling better soon!

ooh, thanks for the thought. i am allergic to mold. i don't have reason to believe that we do, but i should check it out. mold is scary!!!

elektra
03-22-2009, 10:48 PM
This is how both DD and I have been since November too. :( Right when we get better, we have maybe a week, maybe two, of no blowing noses and then the cycle starts over again. We are on our 5th or 6th round. Sometimes I get it first and sometimes she does.
I always thought it was just because I was pregnant and my immune system was low but I should ask her ped about the mold thing when I take her to her appt. week after next. I hadn't thought of that either!
I was planning on doing my own b!tch, asking that if after cancer and AIDS are cured, can the doctors/researchers please make some progress on the cure for the flu and the common cold or whatever the heck is going around this season!

shawnandangel
03-22-2009, 11:12 PM
This is how both DD and I have been since November too. :( Right when we get better, we have maybe a week, maybe two, of no blowing noses and then the cycle starts over again. We are on our 5th or 6th round. Sometimes I get it first and sometimes she does.
I always thought it was just because I was pregnant and my immune system was low but I should ask her ped about the mold thing when I take her to her appt. week after next. I hadn't thought of that either!
I was planning on doing my own b!tch, asking that if after cancer and AIDS are cured, can the doctors/researchers please make some progress on the cure for the flu and the common cold or whatever the heck is going around this season!

They are making progress with the flu! check this out http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=6934214&page=1

Hopefully this means they can make a vaccine that we only have to get once in our lives, maybe a booster but not every year.

Back to bitching ladies :) :46: feel better soon Liza!

ps - I just wanted to use that smiley. . . for no reason at all.

bubbaray
03-22-2009, 11:15 PM
ooh, thanks for the thought. i am allergic to mold. i don't have reason to believe that we do, but i should check it out. mold is scary!!!

OOooh, just the excuse I needed to go visit Liza -- I'm a sniffer dog for mold (mould?). Seriously, it drives our realtor crazy. I can smell one spore, I swear. And, yes, it causes serious respiratory issues for me.

elektra
03-22-2009, 11:26 PM
OOooh, just the excuse I needed to go visit Liza -- I'm a sniffer dog for mold (mould?). Seriously, it drives our realtor crazy. I can smell one spore, I swear. And, yes, it causes serious respiratory issues for me.

Can you come use your keen senses at my house when you come to DL too? ;)

elektra
03-22-2009, 11:34 PM
They are making progress with the flu! check this out http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=6934214&page=1

Hopefully this means they can make a vaccine that we only have to get once in our lives, maybe a booster but not every year.

Back to bitching ladies :) :46: feel better soon Liza!

ps - I just wanted to use that smiley. . . for no reason at all.

Thanks for the link! Once I started reading I realized that I had caught a snippet of that same article in The Week recently. Hope it works! I even got the flu vaccine this year and it didn't seem to help.
And yes, Liza, hope you feel better soon.

sste
03-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Are you sleeping enough? I would add that for alot of people, me included, sufficient sleep is more than 8 hours per night, more like 9. My understanding - - and personal experience - - is that lack of sleep depresses your immune system. Not what you want with vectors, that is kids, around you!