PDA

View Full Version : Uppa Baby Vista 2009

Jecca373
03-23-2009, 09:21 AM
I am considering purchasing the new Uppa Baby Vista 2009 model and just went to check it out yesterday. It looks great, my only concerning is the ease of folding the carriage. I tried closing it in the store and pinched my skin in doing so. I tried it again a few more times and it was okay, though seemed a little awkward. My husband wasn't exactly a big fan of how it closed. I was just wondering if this is something that gets easier with practice and is no big deal ultimately or if others had a problem with it. Thanks! :)

AnnieW625
03-24-2009, 07:09 PM
The fold is the only thing on our 2007 model that took me a while to get used to. It does get easier, but yeah I wish it would fold a little bit easier.

IDcam
03-25-2009, 01:24 AM
Just got ours over the weekend. Still getting used to the fold but it is getting easier. I think I'm just worried about damaging the handlebar or getting it dirty during the fold. :)

purple
03-26-2009, 11:39 AM
I have the 2008 and I think the fold is actually pretty easy and one of the nicer features of this stroller. When I was shopping for strollers, I tried a bunch of them out, and I thought the UppaBaby was one of the simpler ones to fold/unfold. The fact that it folds in one piece (unlike the Chameleon) is huge. And it stands on its own when folded so you can take a moment to open the trunk, clear some space, take off your jacket, etc without having to lay the stroller on the ground. It can also unfold with one movement. My one glitch is that the plastic latch that locks it together when folded often gets stuck closed on mine, so that sometimes when I try to unfold it with one had I have to bend down again and release the latch a second time. But as long as I just make sure the bar clears the latch before trying to unfold, its fine.

barbara
03-26-2009, 06:44 PM
we got the uppa vista in the mail yesterday and set it up today. we actually remembered the fold being difficult in the store -- it was one of things we didn't really love abou ti, but for some reason the one we got yesterday folds sooo much easier than the one in the store had. we chocked it up to the fact that the one in the store maybe had gotten over used.