PDA

View Full Version : Question about how to price a high end stroller to sell

HIU8
03-23-2009, 12:04 PM
I have a 2007 1/2 BJCSD in Artic Blue. I'm not sure if I'm selling it or not this year (I'm still deciding). If I was going to sell it, what type of price should I be asking? It's a 2 year old stroller that gets used in the summer mostly. Also, is it better to sell it locally on craigslist or do strollerswap? If I do strollerswap do I build the cost of shipping into the price or price out shipping after I get someone who is interested in purchasing?

KBecks
03-23-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm thinking around 50% of retail, or thereabouts, depending on how in demand the stroller is. Good luck!

Twoboos
03-23-2009, 12:30 PM
I also usually check eBay/CL to see what similar items are selling for, and price around there or a bit lower.

BayAreaMom
03-23-2009, 01:48 PM
I have a 2007 1/2 BJCSD in Artic Blue. I'm not sure if I'm selling it or not this year (I'm still deciding). If I was going to sell it, what type of price should I be asking? It's a 2 year old stroller that gets used in the summer mostly. Also, is it better to sell it locally on craigslist or do strollerswap? If I do strollerswap do I build the cost of shipping into the price or price out shipping after I get someone who is interested in purchasing?

I've sold two strollers through craigslist, but here in the Bay Area there is a great craigslist market. I got close to what I paid for them, but that's because I bought them 20-30% off retail and they were either like new or excellent condition (they were zoopers, which I was really disappointed with). That said, it's not always easy because people flake or try to really bargain with you. One thing I've done lately with my craigslist ads is upload photos to picasa, google's photo hosting site, which has a really easy web link to the photos (which are public by default). Craigslist really reduces the photo quality, and you can't see anything.

As for pricing, you pretty much have to see what similar strollers are going for and price yours in the middle or higher if it's in excellent shape. There are so many beat up strollers posted that a nice clean stroller sometimes stands alone in terms of pricing.

Good luck

MamaKath
03-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Pricing would be something to check on Ebay or CL. Then I would list on Craigslist and include if you are or are not willing to ship. I have had the best luck there in recent years, much less hassle than Swap or Ebay.

purpelina
03-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Pricing would be something to check on Ebay or CL. Then I would list on Craigslist and include if you are or are not willing to ship. I have had the best luck there in recent years, much less hassle than Swap or Ebay.

I so agree with that!
Also, you can add something like "can deliver within 15 miles" (or whetever distance) - if you are willing to do that of course. I've found I received more replies that way.
Also, on CL you don't pay fees which you do on ebay and paypal.
But most depends on what is the demand in your area. And who is looking for this type of stroller at the moment. If nobody replies to your ad (or you oly receive extremely low ball offers) just wait a couple of weeks, and list again.
Best of luck!