PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Get to Sleep In?

MissM'sMom
03-23-2009, 01:17 PM
DH, why do you think it's OK to sleep in during the weekends, when we have an early-rising DD? I do appreciate that you get her when she wakes up at 6:30 and change her diaper, but once you hand her to me to BF, you are asleep again. She does not go back to sleep, so I am left to play with her until her next feeding a couple hours later. By that time, I am up and it's not worth it to go back to sleep. This happens both days.

Yesterday morning, I really wanted to go back to sleep, and I thought I would wake you up so you can take her. Also, since you will be out-of-town for most of the week, I thought you might want to spend some quality time with her. But you moaned and groaned, and I just gave up trying to wake you up after 15 minutes.

To top it off, she went down for her mid-morning nap, and I decided to go back to sleep. She woke up after about 45 minutes, and you got her, but decided to WAKE ME UP so I could take her. WTH??????

jgenie
03-23-2009, 01:29 PM
:hug5: DH does the same thing except he's actually up having his coffee and leaves me to deal w/ DS. :shake: After a rough night on Friday I told DH if he gets up early he has to take the monitor and listen for and tend to DS. :banghead:

Melaine
03-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Same here. I think I have semi-spoiled DH by letting him sleep in too often on weekends. It also annoys me when he purposefully stays up late playing video games, knowing I usually let him sleep in the next morning. Granted, he does get up earlier than we do all week, but still...once in awhile it would be nice to sleep past 7....

HIU8
03-23-2009, 01:43 PM
OMG, in my case you mean past 5 AM. And yes, DH tries to go back to sleep. If I am really pissed at him, I put DD in bed with us and let her talk so he cannot fall fully back to sleep.

kcandz
03-23-2009, 02:02 PM
ugh. The BF thing always gives the DHs a free pass on selfishness, it seems. The weekend immediately following DC being weaned I announced we each get one sleep-in day and we have done it that way ever since. DC is an early riser too but the family gets up together during the week.

eliasmom
03-23-2009, 02:21 PM
My DH sleeps later than DD and me every single day and then has the NERVE to complain about being tired. And I NEVER hear the end of it on the rare occasions he actually gets up with her. It drives me batty. :shake:

fivi2
03-23-2009, 06:05 PM
ugh. The BF thing always gives the DHs a free pass on selfishness, it seems. The weekend immediately following DC being weaned I announced we each get one sleep-in day and we have done it that way ever since. DC is an early riser too but the family gets up together during the week.

this is what we do!

dotgirl
03-23-2009, 07:39 PM
I actually negotiated "sleep in" rights as part of our having a baby. I'm not even kidding. DH is a natural early riser (he'll say "Wow, I really slept in - I didn't get up until 6:45 today!") and needs less sleep than me.

So when it came time to have DS, he agreed that he would do the getting up on weekends so I could sleep in.

Of course, if he's ill, or was up really late working, etc, I get up with DS. But in general, they don't bother me before 10am on the weekends - of course, that might just be self-preservation. ;)

Laurel
03-23-2009, 07:53 PM
We each get one weekend day to sleep in, and discuss who gets what morning on Friday. This has worked really well for the last 5 years.

kozachka
03-23-2009, 08:29 PM
That used to be us. Not anymore. I get to sleep in at least once a week and DH bring me tea to bed :jammin:. It took many, many talks with DH over a period of a few months and crying (no, I am not kidding) and being cranky. I am so not a morning person. Of course it's much easier now that we let DS watch cartoons :loveeyes:.

niccig
03-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Ok, I feel really guilty now. I sleep in most days until 8am and DH is up with DS from 7am... :innocent:

It started when I was BF, I did all the nights and DH did the early morning shift so I could have a few hours together of sleep. Well, DS is FOUR years old...so I'm not getting up at nights anymore...well, I did last night as he had a nightmare and I crawled into his bed to comfort him and I fell asleep there...

I just spoke to DH, and I think we're going to do the "everyone up on weekdays" and then take turns on weekends.

I did let DH have the sleep in today as he had to work over the weekend. DS and I went into the family room, lay on the couch watching TV until 8am, guess what, I fell asleep. I'm going to have to start going to bed earlier to get up and be up. I am not a morning person at all :sleeping:

But ladies, my DH thanks you for making me feel guilty. He's looking forward to his sleep in this weekend...

MissM'sMom
03-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Interesting to know I am not the only one. I think I am going to implement the idea of each of us taking one day to sleep in. I'll still have to get up to BF, but at least I know I'll be able to go back to sleep, and he won't be able to moan and groan.