PDA

View Full Version : Any reason NOT to buy Pliko Switch?

bw52
03-23-2009, 01:46 PM
I think I've finally decided on the pliko switch. I just need to try it out one more time before knowing for sure. But before I do, I wanted to know if there is anything bad (in your opinion, of course) about it. Any reason NOT to get it? I really want your honest opinions! Mabye there's something I haven't thought of?

The only cons I can see are
1. price--I wish I could find it for under $500!
2. I really wish that it had 1 handlebar instead of the 2.

It was a toss up between this one and the Zippy, but I can't find any stores around me that carry the Zippy! Also, I wish it had a reversible seat.

Oh, and does anyone know the exact weight of the Switch?

AND (sorry this is long) does it ONLY take the primo viaggio car seat?--I've heard mixed reviews on this car seat. I doubt I'd use the carseat with the stroller much, but I kind of wanted that option, at least.

I plan on using this as my only stroller, starting when the baby is a newborn for walks around the neighborhood (mostly smooth sidewalks) and trips to the store. I might get a lighter stroller after the baby is 6 months - 1 year to take on errands, but I want her in something sturdier for the first little while, at least.

Thanks so much!

purpelina
03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't have this stroller, but I was also considering it, and I found it for $450 at albeebabycom

You could also check ebay, but I don't think you can get it there for much less at this point, as there are no used once (yet), and all new ones have high reserve.

About the carseat: since this stroller reclines flat AND can face you, I would just put the baby in there without the seat. It's not good for small babies to spent much time in the carseat anyway. If you REALLY need something to snap the seat into, get a used snap-and go, I've seen them for as low as $10 on local craigslist.
also I "think" that snugride might fit in there, since it fits into P3 pliko. But you have to try it out.

fairyfolk
03-24-2009, 01:33 AM
I bought the Switch this past weekend for $400 :yay: at a local store (Baby Love). They take competitor's coupons and I had a BRU 20% off one item coupon. If one of your local stores carries the Switch, see if they will also take competitor's coupons and then get your hands on one of the 20% off coupons.

I also was not thrilled at the 2 handles instead of 1, but really like how compact the Switch is when it is folded up. I am told that the 2 handles just take getting used to, so we'll see if that actually is the case.

Good Luck!
Debra :)

strollerqueen
03-24-2009, 02:37 PM
I think I've finally decided on the pliko switch. I just need to try it out one more time before knowing for sure. But before I do, I wanted to know if there is anything bad (in your opinion, of course) about it. Any reason NOT to get it? I really want your honest opinions! Mabye there's something I haven't thought of?

The only cons I can see are
1. price--I wish I could find it for under $500!
2. I really wish that it had 1 handlebar instead of the 2.

It was a toss up between this one and the Zippy, but I can't find any stores around me that carry the Zippy! Also, I wish it had a reversible seat.

Oh, and does anyone know the exact weight of the Switch?

AND (sorry this is long) does it ONLY take the primo viaggio car seat?--I've heard mixed reviews on this car seat. I doubt I'd use the carseat with the stroller much, but I kind of wanted that option, at least.

I plan on using this as my only stroller, starting when the baby is a newborn for walks around the neighborhood (mostly smooth sidewalks) and trips to the store. I might get a lighter stroller after the baby is 6 months - 1 year to take on errands, but I want her in something sturdier for the first little while, at least.

Thanks so much!

Yes, it is 23 pounds. I can't see any reason why you would need to use the car seat in it, though.

AnnieW625
03-24-2009, 05:03 PM
What about the Peg Perego Uno (it's the Venezia)? It's $479 to 499 at BRUS (depending on the color). You might not be able to find it in the store (my store didn't carry them when I was looking a few months back), but it's reversable (and there is no seat to switch around), and has the long handle bar. I much prefer that to the single handles too. I wish stores that sold Pegs would put this stroller out because I probably would've bought it had I seen it in stock and been able to play with it in person. The Switch didn't do much for me in the store.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3121194&moduleName=Brand+Name+Secondary

Happy Mothers.com also has a 2008 for $431!
http://shop.happymothers.com/shop/prd_PEIPUN13NA62KN46TL53_2008%20Uno%20Single%20Str oller%20-%20Moka.html?e3=search

Nooknookmom
03-25-2009, 12:09 AM
What about the Peg Perego Uno (it's the Venezia)? It's $479 to 499 at BRUS (depending on the color). You might not be able to find it in the store (my store didn't carry them when I was looking a few months back), but it's reversable (and there is no seat to switch around), and has the long handle bar. I much prefer that to the single handles too. I wish stores that sold Pegs would put this stroller out because I probably would've bought it had I seen it in stock and been able to play with it in person. The Switch didn't do much for me in the store.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3121194&moduleName=Brand+Name+Secondary

Happy Mothers.com also has a 2008 for $431!
http://shop.happymothers.com/shop/prd_PEIPUN13NA62KN46TL53_2008%20Uno%20Single%20Str oller%20-%20Moka.html?e3=search

I had 2 Uno's and loved the stroller itself, the steering takes some getting used to in reverse mode though. That said, I wish I would have kept my Pure Vapor...for an infant it was awesome. I loved the carriage mode, kept her from slipping out and the basket was HUGE.

To OP: I definately wouldn't buy a stroller based on it's ability to take a carseat, most of us just put baby right in the stroller itself. But FWIW, when DD was still in her Companion I did put it in the Uno a couple times so I didn't have to wake her.