PDA

View Full Version : Europe stroller recs

nicanddrew
03-23-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm posting for a friend in Germany. Her DS has just outgrown the frame stroller/infant carseat so they are looking for their first real stroller. They need it for an upcoming trip to Prague. At first I thought small and lightweight (like a Mac) but then the cobblestone streets might require something more all-terrain. Any ideas? They are military, so ordering/shipping a US brand to their APO shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Of course, maybe there is a better European option?

MamaBear
03-23-2009, 02:35 PM
There are so many good German strollers out there! She could get a Teutonia - waaay more options available in Germany!

Our stroller (Cameleon) has been schlepped all over Europe. (We lived in Germany for a while.) The big wheels are great on cobblestones.

purpelina
03-23-2009, 03:10 PM
How old is her son?
What's the budget? How about micralite - Fastfold or Toro?

MamaKath
03-23-2009, 06:56 PM
:yeahthat: to MamaBear.

My first thought is to look at a Teutonia! There are a bunch of strollers available in Europe that are not available here. Bebeconfort, Bebecar, and Emmaljunga are others to look at. Tell her to have fun!!! :D

MamaBear
03-23-2009, 06:59 PM
:yeahthat: to MamaBear.

My first thought is to look at a Teutonia! There are a bunch of strollers available in Europe that are not available here. Bebeconfort, Bebecar, and Emmaljunga are others to look at. Tell her to have fun!!! :D

I always goggled at all the cool strollers available in Europe! Even the Danish prams were amazing to see. I'm now trying to convince my husband that we should consider a Teutonia when we're back in the fall. He hasn't even replied :ROTFLMAO:

MamaKath
03-23-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm now trying to convince my husband that we should consider a Teutonia when we're back in the fall. He hasn't even replied :ROTFLMAO:
I ask my folks to bring me back one each time they go for that baby I am still dreaming of. I can't remember if they brought me back anything at all last time, lol. I keep telling them it would help them tote home all the other stuff they are bringing back. Oh well!

nicanddrew
03-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks all! Her son is almost a year and she doesn't want to spend more than 200ish--just found out #2 is on the way, so she'll have to upgrade to a double fairly soon.