PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren - Juicy Couture

cecynavarro
03-23-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm undecided about which lightweight stroller to buy for a Carnival cruise that i'm taking in May. So far I like the Maclaren Juicy Couture, the Peg Perego Si, but I havent been able to see at a store, or the Zooper Twist (2009 not available yet).

Does any one have the Juicy Couture? Is it worth spending $450 on this stroller? Any input on the Peg Perego Si or the Zooper Twist?

hellokitty
03-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Are you serious???? They have a Juicy Coutoure version??? I don't think it would be worth it at ALL! Don't forget, you'll be out at sea. Metal + sea air = not good.

AnnieW625
03-23-2009, 10:47 PM
You've got to be kidding me. I don't get the whole allure with the expensive Ryder stroller, it looks just like a fancy Quest to me. I personally don't think you need a $400 stroller for a cruise, a $200 or less one like the Zooper Twist or Maclaren Quest should do just fine. If you really want the reversable handles then look at the Peg Si or the Peg Switch; much better for the $400 range than a trendy labeled Mac.

cecynavarro
03-24-2009, 01:36 PM
So I went to the Juicy Couture store and look at the Maclaren Juicy Couture in person. It is beautiful. The material and craftsmanship is Much better than the regular Quest plus it almost has a full recline and the canopy is a bit bigger and it's more plush. I fell in love with it and my daughter looked beautiful in it..........so I bought it. I hope I dont regret it later.

jenny
03-24-2009, 03:59 PM
So I went to the Juicy Couture store and look at the Maclaren Juicy Couture in person. It is beautiful. The material and craftsmanship is Much better than the regular Quest plus it almost has a full recline and the canopy is a bit bigger and it's more plush. I fell in love with it and my daughter looked beautiful in it..........so I bought it. I hope I dont regret it later.

Post pictures!

purpelina
03-24-2009, 04:58 PM

Congrats, it's a wonderfull buy!
Besides, ryder has a suspension (which quest doesn't have), yet it's smaller and lighter than the techno, so it's a great alternative to these two.
I'm wanting a ryder or a 4-seasons myself :)

AnnieW625
03-25-2009, 11:34 AM
then why don't they ever sell the Ryders in regular stores here? It's not even an option on the US website (unless I missed it). Marketing I guess. Enjoy your stroller.

purpelina
03-26-2009, 04:18 PM
then why don't they ever sell the Ryders in regular stores here? It's not even an option on the US website (unless I missed it). Marketing I guess. Enjoy your stroller.

They do sell those in the US, but mainly online. Also, they are not called "ryder" but "objects of design", and then in the stroller description/specifics it's specified it's the "ryder" or "quest" (as in Shanghai tang )
If you go to maclaren baby USA you'll see the whole range of those strolers, and different sites will offer some of them for sale. I still kick myself for not acting quickly when I saw a Juicy couture on local CL... I happened to see the for sale ad around the time it was posted, and the price was amazing, but I kind of hesitated... Well, of course someone else snapped that stroller immediately :mad:

AnnieW625
03-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh I didn't realize they were on the separate website and that must be nice that the cover is removable and washable. I do remember seeing the Kate Spade Quest at my BRUS (I think or some other boutique, I can't remember) a couple of years ago and just thought it was a special edition, which I guess is really what it is!

purpelina
03-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Oh I didn't realize they were on the separate website and that must be nice that the cover is removable and washable. I do remember seeing the Kate Spade Quest at my BRUS (I think or some other boutique, I can't remember) a couple of years ago and just thought it was a special edition, which I guess is really what it is!

No it's not a one separate secret website that sells them, sorry I sounded confusing :)
It's just websites that carry Maclaren strollers in general only sell a couple of extra editions/designer ones. Same with baby stores. (it's all about storage and higher prices, I guess).

AnnieW625
03-26-2009, 07:02 PM
No it's not a one separate secret website that sells them, sorry I sounded confusing :)
It's just websites that carry Maclaren strollers in general only sell a couple of extra editions/designer ones. Same with baby stores. (it's all about storage and higher prices, I guess).

I meant seperate section of the website. Sorry to the OP for hijacking the post. he he.